• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France - Nice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France - Nice

Anyone can recommend a reasonably priced resort/hotel/flat rental @ Nice

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
    Anyone can recommend a reasonably priced resort/hotel/flat rental @ Nice
    Will you have a car?

Comment

Not much help but I like Juan Les Pins rather than Nice - it's only down the road. We stay at the Hotel Ambassadeur during the Jazz Festival. If you are ever in Juan don't miss the dancing girls and cocktails at the Pam-Pam bar!
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

You'd be much better off renting a cottage nearby if you'll have access to a car IMO. Last time I went to the south of France, 4 of us rented a cottage in a place called Gonfaron (halfway between Nice and Marseille). It had 5 bedrooms and a private pool - all for £500 for the week.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Thanks, I wont have a car, I looked into renting cottages and flats, I wanted something which is a walking distance from the old town and from the beach, the only ones with that criteria are hotels. The prices are really dear though, I don't have my heart set on Nice, I'd welcome any other suggestion. I intend to go last minute, perhaps this weekend or early next week.

Comment

You can rent a flat in Antibes quite reasonably. Train or taxi (£35 from Nice Airport). The old town is nice, the beach is free (ISTR) but not very large - a lot of people walk/bus into Juan Les Pins, where the beaches are nicer (but expensive). It's a nice part of the world.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              You can rent a flat in Antibes quite reasonably. Train or taxi (£35 from Nice Airport). The old town is nice, the beach is free (ISTR) but not very large - a lot of people walk/bus into Juan Les Pins, where the beaches are nicer (but expensive). It's a nice part of the world.
              Thank you very much, googled Juan Les Pins and it looks exactly what I need, it also looks close to several airports, which is the best airport to travel to(i.e. cheapest flights ? Nice ?)

Comment

Thank you very much, googled Juan Les Pins and it looks exactly what I need, it also looks close to several airports, which is the best airport to travel to(i.e. cheapest flights ? Nice ?)
                Nice Airport is cheapest. Cannes Mandelieu is predominantly private aviation - the runway isn't all that long...

Frejus is too far out of the way.

I would rent a car. There are plenty of lovely places to visit. Gourdon, Biot, Opio, Mougin etc.

I spent a couple of years working out there. Loved it!

Comment

Nice is easiest & cheapest. If you don't fancy a cab, I would get the bus from right outside Nice airport - takes you all the way there and very reasonable.

Don't forget the Pam-Pam bar - if you get there before 21.00 you get free canapes!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I spent a couple of years working out there. Loved it!
                    Yep, it's a great area of the world. I especially love the fact that each town seems to have it's own speciality. Where we stayed in Gonfaron everything was tortoises (they have the tortoise village there), then there's Cogolin (every other shop sells pipes) and Cabris (famous for its chestnuts), etc etc
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                    X