• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Links / Robots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links / Robots

I just noticed that having made a contribution to another thread I almost immediately got a hit on my website originating from that thread.

Is this an automated process or one of you reprobates?

It wasn't me. Although I have now visited your website.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Me too....bit boring though....needs some flashing things...and dancing ladies

Comment

The forum is loved by spiders and bots. Tried looking up the IP of the hit and seeing where it came from? Google, MSN and Yahoo are all easy to spot...

Comment

Yes, I got used to seeing the various robots and posting on here does seem to have a direct affect on ones ratings in google searches. Hence the occasional pointless OrangeHopper post just to boost ratings.

Anyone that visits, and isn't disappointed by the lack of interesting content or dancing girls, that notices any errors please let me know since I have made a number of changes recently and, as you lot know, my ability to proof read my ramblings is sorely deficient.

Comment

I was told recently that Google Desktop does its own lookups on your behalf.

I don't have it myself (no Windows here). Can anyone here enlighten us as to what Google Desktop does?

P.S. to OH. I did look at your parse stuff once but admit it scared me enough to start thinking I should spend more time on Plan B
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Tried Google Desktop before - it kept indexing my PC 24/7, probably because I have 999 versions of various jakarta libraries and their javadocs all over my hard drive . So, had to deinstall it the next day.

Comment

I've now had a look too, and have to say that aParse looks very nifty

Does it work? I might have to download it and start playing this weekend.

Comment

Sysman, it certainly isn't intended to scare anyone! It has yet to make me any money, and may never do so, but it is a start that I feel has potential. Keeps me busy in the evenings anyway!

NickFitz, I certainly hope it works even though it took some else to point out it wasn't too easy to use under DOS/Windows. Eveything had to be on one line. I think it is maturing quite nicely at the moment and I am in the process of compiling the ABNF for SIP (session initiation protocol) which should be a good test.

Comment

Working...
                  X