• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got the Nokia N95 yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got the Nokia N95 yet?

I was thinking of getting this but I hear that the software runs very slow and hence it is a pain to use.

Does anyone here have this phone?

Not got one but someone I work with has it and his comments go something like, if you are seriously going to use ALL the functionality it's "ok" but if you are not, better getting something less bulky and easier to use. He has had it two months now and decided last week to get something lighter and less bulky

Comment

And you can't get any other GPS software that works with the on-board receiver (yet!).

Comment

I've got one, camera is excellent - GPS more of a gimmick and the battery is next to useless.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          I was thinking of getting this but I hear that the software runs very slow and hence it is a pain to use.

Does anyone here have this phone?
          I have the Sony W880i and it is also very slow!!!!
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I have one and it is fine and dandy. Not really a phone conoisseur, but it does everything I'd want it to and probably more.

Comment

I've got one - I wouldn't say the apps are slow. Not a bad bit of kit, WiFi is nice to have. A few niggles though:

- Not that impressed with camera for stills, seems to have trouble focusing in low light or when there is a lot of detail (e.g. car engine bay). Camera on my old K750i (i really miss that actually) was better IMHO.

- MP3 player is good (don't use the supplied ear pieces though) but eats battery.

- Video playback is excellent.

- Don't like the way all images on the phone show up in the gallery - there seems no way of managing them in separate folders AND not have them display in the gallery - bit poor software design that.

Works well enough as a phone though but battery life isn't as good as my Sony was.
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

that's true, it does get through a lot of battery. I've got 3 to swap in and out as required.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                  I've got one, camera is excellent - GPS more of a gimmick and the battery is next to useless.

HTH
                  Yep that about sums it up. The MP3 player is excellent as well though - it does album art and everything. And I've got to level 30-something on "Snakes".
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X