• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince 2

Can anybody summarise it for me in 3 sentences or less? It might help with a creative side-angle in an interview this afternoon.

ta,

tl

PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based method for effective project management.

PRINCE2 is a de facto standard used extensively by the UK Government and is widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.

The method PRINCE2 is in the public domain, offering non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.

Comment

That'll be Harry then

HTH
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Yes thanks, Google Master.

but what I'm after is the internals of how to do it. With respect, sentence 1 is so vague as to be near useless, and the other 2 are empty PR.

e.g. here's one for Scrum:

Scrum works on a system of (generally monthly) iterations called Sprints. At the start of each Sprint, the customer and team decide which of the outstanding work ("Product Backlog") they are going to implement. Every day there's a Daily Scrum meeting, facilitated by the "Scrum Master" (team coach) to make sure everyone's on track and has what they need.

Comment

I've passed the Prince 2 Practitioner exam and wouldn't be able to put together a better three sentence summary than that.

It's like me saying to you "summarise the relationship between you, your missus and your extended family in 3 sentences". You can either focus on one aspect in detail, or give a vague overview of the whole lot.

Comment

Is just more management bollox to help them justify their sad little jobs.

I find most of these things (PRINCE / Scrum etc) just boil down to common sense if they had half a brain...
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Try this:

http://management.silicon.com/itdire...9163827,00.htm

Go down to the bit about how it works. Short and sweet.

Comment

Actually, that's a bit vague as well. But there's some info amongst the PRINCE2 marketing spiel.

Comment

chicane,
                  Sorry I didn't realise you were speaking with the voice of authority.

Wendigo thanks, I can probably get by on that.

Comment

Isn't Prince 2 The Methodology Formerly Known As Prince?

Comment

Working...
                    X