• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube Strike gggrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tube Strike gggrrr

Anyone have any info on the tube strike, according to the BBC website it starts 18:00 tomorrow and is 72hrs carrying on till Thursday. Im not sure if this covers the drivers or just the floor staff or maintance monkeys ?

Anyway Bob Crow I dont like you at all, you horrible man
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 2 September 2007, 22:28.

First I've heard of it but the latest news should be available here:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Comment

Ha! My clever change of route into London to avoid using the poxy underground has paid off! Stick that up your arse, Bob Crow!

Sorry for you though, MC.

Comment

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

This is meant to be my last week, but I still need to get from London Bridge to Slough every day. Oh well, a taxi that is expensed back to the client ought to suffice.

The ironic thing is that they are striking because a bankrupt company is not giving assurances about their job future - even though TfL has!!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

According to their website, the lines Metronet operates are "Bakerloo, Central, Victoria, and Waterloo & City lines (BCV) and Circle, District, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City and East London lines (SSL)."

So, in principle, my journey on the Northern line shouldn't be any more screwed up than it normally is, although I imagine there'll be knock-on effects such as more overcrowding than usual

Commiserations to those of you travelling to and from the City

Comment

yaaay lets throw away all our cars and be at the mercy of unionised monkeys and their ever eagerness to strike.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              According to their website, the lines Metronet operates are "Bakerloo, Central, Victoria, and Waterloo & City lines (BCV) and Circle, District, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City and East London lines (SSL)."

So, in principle, my journey on the Northern line shouldn't be any more screwed up than it normally is, although I imagine there'll be knock-on effects such as more overcrowding than usual

Commiserations to those of you travelling to and from the City
              Fook my journey is Met Line then Northern Line, hopefully it will get sorted by 18:00 tomorrow, if not its going to be a slog in, bus > train > bus takes me about 2hrs without tube each way !

Comment

This has all the hallmarks of a cunning plan...

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post

Anyway Bob Crow your a ******* tosser
                  Yes

Still at least all I need to use is the Northern Line and I will be travelling outside the center.

PS You are far too polite about Bob Crowe

Comment

Love this London Underground song, been around for a while but its most fitting at the moment, nice little vid http://www.backingblair.co.uk/london_underground/
                    Last edited by MobileCheese; 2 September 2007, 22:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X