• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From perm to another perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From perm to another perm

Hi all,

I had my friend ring me a moment ago, being quite upset.
    He was in a permament role and accepted an offer on another permanent role. However he lied about the salary he was getting in his previous jobs by a few thousand.

He is expecting the contract from the new company to be sent to him for a few weeks now. When he rung them, they told him that they are doing some checks and that he will receive it when these are done.
    He is fearing that the new company might have found out how much he was really getting at his old job..

His question is, can the new company find out how much he was earning in his last permanent job?

Originally posted by kesm View Post
    Hi all,

I had my friend ring me a moment ago, being quite upset.
    He was in a permament role and accepted an offer on another permanent role. However he lied about the salary he was getting in his previous jobs by a few thousand.

He is expecting the contract from the new company to be sent to him for a few weeks now. When he rung them, they told him that they are doing some checks and that he will receive it when these are done.
    He is fearing that the new company might have found out how much he was really getting at his old job..

His question is, can the new company find out how much he was earning in his last permanent job?
    Only if he gives them a P45 when he starts.

Comment

Working...
    X