• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norwich Union

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwich Union

A friend of mine who works there told me about this:

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norwich_Union

Kind of sort of near to the truth...

I was there for 6 years until last March. It's obviously gone downhill since then...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
      I was there for 6 years until last March. It's obviously gone downhill since then...
      My word, six years?

Doing what?

Comment

I was a permie, so obviously just keeping my head down, working out when to go contracting.
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Norwich? Bowels of Hell?

It used to have a nice market place with the smell of roasting coffee wafting over from one of the shops. Probably a coffee shop.

Comment

The fact that no-one can be arsed to build a motorway near Norwich should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              The fact that no-one can be arsed to build a motorway near Norwich should tell you something.
              I am sure Norwich Union make sure it doesn't happen so they can hold the city to ransom.

Now they are closing more offices across the country and moving more Norwich city staff out to the buildings that overlook the sewerage works.

Class!

Comment

The problem with Norwich and pretty much Norfolk in general is that you don't have to go through it to get anywhere, which is why there's no motorways. Lovely place though, Norfolk, I wouldn't have chosen to be born anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  I am sure Norwich Union make sure it doesn't happen so they can hold the city to ransom.

Now they are closing more offices across the country and moving more Norwich city staff out to the buildings that overlook the sewerage works.

Class!
                  Ohhh is that the spanky modern ones stuck in the middle of nowhere?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

re: offshoring... so true!
                    Also, should anyone have this misfortune of having to use them, the results are invariably late, don’t work, and are nothing like what was asked for in the first place.
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X