• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting home from Gatwick after midnight ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting home from Gatwick after midnight ?

When your flight is delayed and you arrive in Gatwick airport after midnight, how can you get to london without paying £150 for a taxi. Happened to a friend last night.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Get a friend to pick you up. You do have friends don't you?

Comment

"Getting home from Gatwick after midnight" isn't that a song? If not, it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Get a friend to pick you up. You do have friends don't you?
        I like my friends, I wouldn't call them up at 01.30am ask them to drive to Gatwick to pick me up.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Train, coach or bus - pretty sure they all run during the night. Or, if you're feeling fit, walk/jog.
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Now you know why I used to have friends.

HTH

Comment

I stayed in the http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml when a few drops of rain fell in the area and panic ensued a couple of months ago and everything stopped working. Anyway I highly recommend.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/ - see timetables

there are trains every 1/2 hr to london. there's 1 at 1:35 am and another at 2:05 am.

Alternatively ask someone at the airport.

Comment

Trains run from London Victoria to Three Bridges or Brighton throughout the whole night, stopping at Gatwick, Croydon and Clapham. After about 2pm it's only one an hour so be prepared for a possible long wait.
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Thanks, I was told no trains after midnight, have to start not listening to people again.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X