• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your office space like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your office space like?

Am currently sat in a large corporate open plan office, each floor is almost identical, a chair thats comfy but cheap, large desk, network port, 2 plugs and a bin.. all grey and black colour coding.. pretty depressing really.

What's everyone else's working environment like?

Is there such a thing as a deluxe corporate work area?

for those of you working from home.. i'm envious
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Am currently sat in a large corporate open plan office, each floor is almost identical, a chair thats comfy but cheap, large desk, network port, 2 plugs and a bin.. all grey and black colour coding.. pretty depressing really.

large corporate open plan office, each floor is almost - CHECK
    a chair thats comfy but cheap - CHECK
    large desk, network port, 2 plugs and a bin - CHECK

although there's a grey and purple colour scheme going on here

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Never mind all that old tripe. What about the mikman, etc.?

Comment

Same here but the chairs are uncomfortable. Think yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Same here but the chairs are uncomfortable. Think yourself lucky.
          Bad chairs snap, I know when it's time to go home, my as* is completely numb

and I raise you an A/C system that blows across the office like a polar wind.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

x3 21" screens, several machines in sound dampened air cooled cabinets, gentle a/c, custom fitted cherry furniture, posturite chair, no-one disturbing me, no-one telling me there's another pointless meeting by the coffee machine, no commute, beer in the fridge 10 metres away, peace and quiet....ah, bliss....

...except for the wild deadlines, see-sawing cash flows, huge uncertainities, massive workloads, the annoying pedanticalness of clients, the deep isolation, the constant battle against demotivation and w@nking yourself to death...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Bad chairs snap, I know when it's time to go home, my as* is completely numb

and I raise you an A/C system that blows across the office like a polar wind.
              I'll see your A/C system, and raise you an office that rivals the Sahara at midday for temperature... with a ban on opening any windows, lest they interfere with the barely-functioning A/C.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                I know when it's time to go home, my as* is completely numb
                Do we have the same project manager?
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

The office is very much like the home - hang on a mo it is the home
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I'm sat in a 10 foot x 10 foot "office" that's effectively a corridor between two labs... looking out of a window at the wrecked house across the street.

I have an ancient Athlon 1100 pc with an ancient Dell 19 inch monitor...

Desk is nicely polished after I spent about a day cleaning the crap off it...

Chair is appalling.
                    Zeity: I am sorry to be the one to break the news, but it seems that you were kidnapped about 10 years ago, imprisoned in a tiny room, and nobody wanted to pay the ransom... and the kidnappers just got bored and went home. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X