• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporate gifts ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate gifts ?

This a question for the accountants on here maybe - I would like to use my ltd co account to purchase some gifts for current and previous clients. Are there any rules / allowances around this - I'm guessing it would probably all fall under
    entertainment expenses ?

And no this not an expense dodging question! I am genuinely interested in developing a good working relationship with current and previous clients.

It's just a bog standard business expense.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Corp Gifts

What type of thing did you have in mind?

Certainly if it's branded then ok, but things like gifts of holidays, etc may well be queried!!

Comment

Corporate gifts

Attached is a link in relation to the VAT treatment on business gifts. There is a £50 limit per client in any 12 month period.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...HMCE_CL_000784

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
          It's just a bog standard business expense.
          not in the least, and there's no such thing as a 'bog-standard expense'

The rules are here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim45070.htm

Up to fifty quid/recipient a year of CONSPICUOUSLY BRANDED gifts, not to include food, drink, vouchers, or tobacco. So basically if it's not a 'Crap Coders'-branded vase, or a 'Java Jokers' mouse mat or similar, you won't be able to include it in your expenses for CT purposes.

It's classed as entertainment otherwise, which is NOT tax-deductible.

Comment

Working...
          X