• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays Premier Customer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays Premier Customer

Anyone here have a Premier Account with barclays. Just had a meeting with one of their managers to talk about what they offer.

Must admit some of the financial benefits look and sound good but wanted to see what people who actually use the service really think.

Discuss
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Used them for six months - wasn't impressed. Now with HSBC who are fantastic.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

I have a HSBC premier account, and the free family worldwide travel insurance that covers my Diabetes is worth far more than the monthly subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
        I have a HSBC premier account, and the free family worldwide travel insurance that covers my Diabetes is worth far more than the monthly subscription.
        That's interesting to know... did you have diabetes before you started the prem account or after?
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I looked at this when we ended up with a Barclays account. I can't see what the benefit is. It costs you £120 a year and doesn't seem to offer much more than a lot of standard accounts (unless I missed something obvious).

Ditto HSBC and Lloyds. except HSBC don't charge I think?

I would like to find someone that offers a true premier account with some proper contractor benefits. Coutts won't accept me yet!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

http://www.sjpb.co.uk/products/currentaccount.asp

Try these guys?
            Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              That's interesting to know... did you have diabetes before you started the prem account or after?

Before. I fully expected them not to cover it but they did.

Last Time I got worldwide travel insurance for myself it cost me about £130 quid.

This way I get it for my whole family for £155 (£115 for the first year)

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
                Anyone here have a Premier Account with barclays. Just had a meeting with one of their managers to talk about what they offer.

Must admit some of the financial benefits look and sound good but wanted to see what people who actually use the service really think.

Discuss
                You seem to giving Barclays a lot of business ? Premier Account and household insurance ? Is it local to the clients site or do you just like them ?

I would recommend A&L premier account, good rates and all that

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  You seem to giving Barclays a lot of business ? Premier Account and household insurance ? Is it local to the clients site or do you just like them ?

I would recommend A&L premier account, good rates and all that
                  It is local to client site but i have been with them for 12 years now and can not complain about a single thing. of course i have had friends who things couldn't go much worse for them but not me.

The home isurance is an offer i would be stupid to miss out on. not definitly signing up for Premier Account Yet
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
                    Before. I fully expected them not to cover it but they did.

Last Time I got worldwide travel insurance for myself it cost me about £130 quid.

This way I get it for my whole family for £155 (£115 for the first year)
                    And they give me a discount on my mortgage as well, that works out at about 30 quid a month

Comment

Working...
                    X