• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which business account? (Not CA)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which business account? (Not CA)

So i'm looking for my first business account for my new ltd. company. Yes, there are several posts on this, but they don't answer my question:-

I need a good deal on business banking, don't really need over the counter stuff, but what I do need is a business visa/debit card from day 1 and also a merchant bank account from day 1.. This is something Cater Allen can't do..

Looked at Bank of Scotland, but they want 3 directors details on the application, so that excludes me.

Looked at Abbey and A+L, both are cheap, but A+L merchant services are only if you've been trading 6+ months from a home address (or immediately from a business address). Abbey use streamline, which is RBS, seems a bit round the houses.

I'd prefer a bank where I can see someone in person, especially for in the future if I want to discuss any lending etc.

I appreciate everyone has had good times and bad times with every bank, but any suggestions are welcome

Ta

HSBC Business Banking.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

What Mal said.

Been with them 12 months now - service excellent and fees very cheap..
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I just gave HSBC a call, waiting on their merchant dept. to come back to me with a quote.. up to 2 days wait though!

Comment

I use alliance & leicester

There rates are pretty good and it's basically free banking as long as you don't do shed loads of xactions.

You get a current & high interest accts.

Most importantly for me, they have online banking which is really very good.

M.

Comment

RBS are my bank of choice. We have a "special" relationship with a local bank manager who looks after all our clients. Account opened inside 24hours; Free banking for year 1 & 2; named contact; internet banking etc. etc. It can be hit and miss though as you're largely dependent on the business relationship manager you get. Some of them are remarkably thick.
            Last edited by Alan @ BroomeAffinity; 10 October 2007, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Eric View Post
              I use alliance & leicester

There rates are pretty good and it's basically free banking as long as you don't do shed loads of xactions.

You get a current & high interest accts.

Most importantly for me, they have online banking which is really very good.

M.
              Same here, A&L offer excellent free banking and easy to use online accounts. Thumbs up for A&L

Comment

Originally posted by saqmaster View Post
                Looked at Bank of Scotland, but they want 3 directors details on the application, so that excludes me.
                You can do with 1 just leave the other 2 blank (I did and it was fine)

Comment

Cater Allen. Amazingly good service. The only downside is that they've just recently implemented internet banking, and the current features left many to be desired of. However, all other services are top quality.

Comment

My company's account is with Cater Allen. Permanent free banking and the service has been very good. You can bank via the internet and/or telephone. http://www.caterallen.co.uk. They're part of the Santander Group that owns Abbey National.

Comment

Working...
                    X