• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They shouldn't really make anything else than cuckoo clocks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They shouldn't really make anything else than cuckoo clocks

http://www.24.com/news/?p=saa&i=712283

Runaway cannon to blame2007-10-13 08:15Johannesburg - A female artillery officer risked her life at Lohatlha on Friday, in a desperate bid to prevent members of her battery dying from their own anti-aircraft gun, the Saturday Star reported on Saturday.
    The brave officer was unable to stop the wildly swinging computerised Swiss/German Oerlikon 35mm MK5 anti-aircraft twin-barrelled gun.

It sprayed hundreds of high-explosive 0,5kg 35mm cannon shells around the five-gun firing position.

By the time the gun had emptied its twin 250-round auto-loader magazine eight soldiers were killed and 11 injured.

A ninth soldier, a woman, died moments after landing in Bloemfontein, after being airlifted by a South African Air Force helicopter to Pelonomi Hospital in Bloemfontein.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    http://www.24.com/news/?p=saa&i=712283

Runaway cannon to blame2007-10-13 08:15Johannesburg - A female artillery officer risked her life at Lohatlha on Friday, in a desperate bid to prevent members of her battery dying from their own anti-aircraft gun, the Saturday Star reported on Saturday.
    The brave officer was unable to stop the wildly swinging computerised Swiss/German Oerlikon 35mm MK5 anti-aircraft twin-barrelled gun.

It sprayed hundreds of high-explosive 0,5kg 35mm cannon shells around the five-gun firing position.

By the time the gun had emptied its twin 250-round auto-loader magazine eight soldiers were killed and 11 injured.

A ninth soldier, a woman, died moments after landing in Bloemfontein, after being airlifted by a South African Air Force helicopter to Pelonomi Hospital in Bloemfontein.
    I'm not sure what the SA equivalent of the George Cross is, but she should get it.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      Was it your code Franko?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Was it your code Franko?
        Must have been one of my outsourced developers.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

That is a big thing to be going that wrong...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It is, and they're bloody impressive firing*

* when firing under control.
            Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

she was probably trying to park it.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
                she was probably trying to park it.
                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X