• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surrey - Leatherhead - where to stay ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrey - Leatherhead - where to stay ?

I am doing some work in Leatherhead.

Can anyone suggest which city in Surrey should I base myself in ? rentwise , citywise, and commutable to Leatherhead,

Guildford north end round the park , go down the A246 or A25 it was a great drive! Admittedly it was 20 years ago but always set me up for the day! Most of the places along the route are OK to stay at as well. Dorking isn't bad in places.

University town with loads of posh totty (and some scrag end - I know I slept with some they had to be desperate). Good shops and eateries.

Some decent pubs down that way as well.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There are no cities in Surrey.

You could try basing youself in in Leatherhead...?

Or Guildford would be a good bet. It's nearly a city too
      Cats are evil.

Comment

When I contracted in Surrey I had my palace temporarily moved to there.

threaded

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          There are no cities in Surrey.

You could try basing youself in in Leatherhead...?

Or Guildford would be a good bet. It's nearly a city too

I would have based myself in Leatherhead , but there are all and all - 1 hotels here . At 60 p/n - no thanks. Anyway , thanks God there are Google Earth and Gumtree.

Comment

Gumtree has a Guildford site in case you are only using the London main site.
            If you're travelling in to Leatherhead by train then Epsom is a quick trip but may be pricey.

K

Comment

You could try http://http://www.camelotproperty.com/home.php/b/gbr-en/content/98/130/
              Have a detached house going in Guildford.
              Never used them myself but they supposedly fill empty properties to stop squatters moving in and you get cheap accomodation (I believe you pay a token amount to cover utilities and no rent)

K

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Guildford north end round the park , go down the A246 or A25 it was a great drive! Admittedly it was 20 years ago but always set me up for the day! Most of the places along the route are OK to stay at as well. Dorking isn't bad in places.

University town with loads of posh totty (and some scrag end - I know I slept with some they had to be desperate). Good shops and eateries.

Some decent pubs down that way as well.

Second that. Guildford is the place to be. And when you're bored with it, it's only a half hour ride to Waterloo
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                  I am doing some work in Leatherhead.

Can anyone suggest which city in Surrey should I base myself in ? rentwise , citywise, and commutable to Leatherhead,
                  I worked at ExxonMobil in Leatherhead a few years ago. They have a free bus service that runs most of the day between the offices and Epson Railway station, which has good connections to London. But I guess if you're not working at Exxon then this is of no use to you whatsoever.

Member out !

Comment

Guildford is supposed to be one of the most CO2 noxious towns in the south east due to the commuter traffic. The traffic around that area is truely murder. I'd suggets trying out a rush hour journey before you move anywhere in that area, and better still live as close to work as possible unless you want to take an hour to travel 5 miles with the occasional 3 hours once a month when the m25 closes.

Yours in commuter Hell
                    Bagpuss
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X