• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cairo, Dubai, Saudi and N.Africa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cairo, Dubai, Saudi and N.Africa

Maybe a potential role for me but agency is saying that the client will pay "whatever the candidate needs" plus expenses.

6 month gig plus potential 6 month extension. What would you pitch in at?

I know market rates for UK and Europe but not this far afield

It's a SAP PP role at a greenfield site.

TIA

PL

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Maybe a potential role for me but agency is saying that the client will pay "whatever the candidate needs" plus expenses.

6 month gig plus potential 6 month extension. What would you pitch in at?

I know market rates for UK and Europe but not this far afield

It's a SAP PP role at a greenfield site.

TIA

PL
    Pick a number, double it, then tell the agent. If they say no negotiate from there, if they say yes, Result
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Don't want to get dismissed at the first hurdle due to taking the p1ss though.

Edit: Did I say SAP above. I meant .Net obviously! There is no work available for anyone in that outdated ERP rubbish.

Comment

Edit: Did I say SAP above. I meant .Net obviously! There is no work available for anyone in that outdated ERP rubbish.
        re. the Edit - I was just about to raise that exact point.

Be wary of the use of Dubai to lure you to Saudi, you may find it's 99% Saudi and I'd demand mega bucks for that. The '.Net' rates aren't that great in the Middle East anymore as they are now happy importing Indians and SAFers rather than yanks and brits. They also traditionally pay dollars which are worth less by the day.

Comment

Well given that Dubai is only one of the locations that include Saudi, Cairo and N.Africa I'd want silly money to do it. Dubai is great, the rest of them are awfull and Saudi / N. Africa have the potential to be downright dangerous.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If they want you to work in Cairo, triple your rate.

Every body I've ever worked with there has been obstructive and useless.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I wouldn't do it for less than £2k a day - it's just not worth the hassle unless you are one of those adventurous traveller types (I don't mean gypsy either).

Comment

I was looking at Dubai for 1K a day plus package, but I wouldn't wait around while they got themselves together. A friend waited 9 months for a start date, another friend is still waiting 10 months later for 30K USD a month.

So don't hold your breath
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Thanks all.

Might just send in a completely OTT, taking the p1ss bid as I'm not sure I need the hassle.

Edit: The role was supposedly Cairo based but with travel to the others.

Comment

Thanks all.

Might just send in a completely OTT, taking the p1ss bid as I'm not sure I need the hassle.

Edit: The role was supposedly Cairo based but with travel to the others.
                    £2k a day, based purely on the location. No idea what .NET pays anywhere else, though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X