• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Business

According to the font of all knowledge on matters concerning contractors, the great and good Denny , agencies are making a killing out of charging contractors for sending them for interviews.

Well I have just set up a franchise (pan european of course ) wherby for £50 you guys can go wherever you want in the EU for an interview (half hour only as there is only so much my guys can take )

Not only that, but you can talk about whatever you like and we promise not to fall asleep or call the police .

You may not get a job out of it, but no one can accuse you of being of no interest to anyone else

This time next year Terry
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    According to the font of all knowledge on matters concerning contractors, the great and good Denny , agencies are making a killing out of charging contractors for sending them for interviews.

Well I have just set up a franchise (pan european of course ) wherby for £50 you guys can go wherever you want in the EU for an interview (half hour only as there is only so much my guys can take )

Not only that, but you can talk about whatever you like and we promise not to fall asleep or call the police .

You may not get a job out of it, but no one can accuse you of being of no interest to anyone else

I think I can see a slight flaw in the business model....

For £1k I'll explain it to you.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Im out.
      Duncan Bannatyne

Comment

and I'm out too
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Dodgy, Peter here.

I like it.

I like the way you presented.

I get the concept - I think there is a market for this.

I like the fact that you wore a suit - OK, it's a 70's polyester affair, but still, you made an effort.

The thing I don't like, is your valuation.

But I'd still like to make you an offer.

70% of your business + 50% of any future lottery winnings (including scratch cards) + your first born child + an hour with your Mrs every Wednesday.

Let me make it clear, this is non-negotiable and you have 3 seconds to make your mind up.

Comment

OK

I'm prepared to negotiate and offer you 99% of the equity in return for £100,000,000

on the basis that 1% of a "fool and his money easily parted" is better than 100% of Feck all
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Dodgy, Peter here.

I like it.

I like the way you presented.

I get the concept - I think there is a market for this.

I like the fact that you wore a suit - OK, it's a 70's polyester affair, but still, you made an effort.

The thing I don't like, is your valuation.

But I'd still like to make you an offer.

70% of your business + 50% of any future lottery winnings (including scratch cards) + your first born child + an hour with your Mrs every Wednesday.

Let me make it clear, this is non-negotiable and you have 3 seconds to make your mind up.
              make it 2 hours every wednesda and saturday plus all my children and you have a deal.

Comment

Working...
              X