• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

first extension!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first extension!!

I got my first extension this morning - now taking my 2cnd contract from 3 to 6months!!!

which also means im not going to have to look for a new gig mid december!!

Last edited by poser; 12 November 2007, 14:33.
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Originally posted by poser View Post

I got my first extension this morning - now taking my 2cnd contract from 3 to 6months!!!

which also means im not going to have to look for a new gig mid december!!

Congratulations
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Congrats, your first few contracts are the most difficult. Its only natural to have a few self doubts and getting an extension is good way to confirm to yourself that you are going to be a success at this contracting lark.

Comment

bring on the vodka tonight!! and of course one for yourselves!
        cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Hey, well done.

As luck would have it, I too have just had my first renewal earlier today.

Takes me all the way through to end of Feb, so no fretting in the build up to Christmas

Comment

this was my 2nd contract and it was extended by 6 wks while the programme manager found a way to extend me through xmas and then have me till July working on the demerger of the company.

while off last week it was announced another company is taking over the one i'm at currently. first mail opened this morning was from said manager instigating my notice period and terminating my contract as no future work is there now. he has tried the 'i can keep you if you go perm' but i'm not overly interested and when i gave my wanted package he's not spoken about it since!

Not the best welcome back from a week off, but it was expected so no real downer... and its what being a contractor is all about!!!

enjoy your extension though! in some respects i'd be looking now than during december.
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Nice one, well done!

This means you can spend an extra pound on their xmas presents now!
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X