• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Practices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Practices

If your contract is kosher with regard to IR35 how likely is it an investigation will involve drilling down to what goes on at the sharp end i.e. more or less working with full time employees doing their jobs and working a possible shift pattern 3 weeks days and 1 of lates.

Mr M

It depends how good your legal advisors are. With a contract that's viewed outside of IR35, and legal insurance in place, I wouldn't worry.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nice one... thanks for the help

Comment

don't forget your legal insurance only covers your legal costs - not loss of earning or additional tax you may have to pay if you are found to be INSIDE IR35.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
          don't forget your legal insurance only covers your legal costs - not loss of earning or additional tax you may have to pay if you are found to be INSIDE IR35.
          Unless arranged through QDOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
            Unless arranged through QDOS.

Really ?

I didn't know that.

So if you lose and IR35 investigation, and you end up with a Tax Bill & Fines QDOS pay all that for you ????
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Really ?

I didn't know that.

So if you lose and IR35 investigation, and you end up with a Tax Bill & Fines QDOS pay all that for you ????
              Yep. They vet the contract and working practices and if ok'd you're covered for the legal fees, tax bill, fines, etc. 50k is the default amount, but 75k, 100k, etc. are available for a bit more.

As Mal has said in the past though, they would only agree to such risk if they were damn sure there was no risk (i.e. chance of losing). Many folks consider the premium a small price to pay for total piece of mind though.

Comment

http://www.qdosconsulting.com/qdosma...e=dm5xc48qvv4r

Sadly they don't appear to publish the cost of this degree of protection.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  http://www.qdosconsulting.com/qdosma...e=dm5xc48qvv4r

Sadly they don't appear to publish the cost of this degree of protection.
                  Yes, they do, go the QDOS shop from your link. £355 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                    Yep. They vet the contract and working practices and if ok'd you're covered for the legal fees, tax bill, fines, etc. 50k is the default amount, but 75k, 100k, etc. are available for a bit more.

As Mal has said in the past though, they would only agree to such risk if they were damn sure there was no risk (i.e. chance of losing). Many folks consider the premium a small price to pay for total piece of mind though.
                    I think they don't even need to vet the contracts anymore. Just a work practices questionaire and you're done.

Comment

Working...
                    X