• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutch Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Contracts

Hi,

Anyone had any experience of working in Holland? Been offered a somewhat, interesting role that seems a little too good to be true.

Kind of start date in 2 months, and no interview. Only instructions are to just get onsite at the company by xx/xx/xx date.

Is this normal, or should i be worried?

ebe

Originally posted by el_bell_end View Post
    Hi,

Anyone had any experience of working in Holland? Been offered a somewhat, interesting role that seems a little too good to be true.

Kind of start date in 2 months, and no interview. Only instructions are to just get onsite at the company by xx/xx/xx date.

Is this normal, or should i be worried?

ebe
    I'd phone first, just to make sure you aren't being sold to the sex-slave trade.

FWIW, this wasn't anything like the Dutch bank I worked for recently.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Mr Windy Anna has been working over there for almost 2 years and he didn't have much of an interview but he was placed based on a recommendation. Large company in Eindhoven. I worked over there years back on a couple of contracts, only telephone interviewed both times but in both cases interrview was extensive.

A "somewhat interesting role" sounds like it could be dodgy! I'd do something to check it out before you book your flight!

Also tax over there is a bit of a nightmare, most people I know who have contracted over there in recent years have been taxed wrongly and had to wait an age for a rebate. Do a search and find previous threads about this.

Be wary ...

Comment

Working...
      X