• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Cars

Sometimes I think they are plain cute, and it would be rather cool to drive one - mainly because they represent a V sign to the ego thrusting fuel guzzling sports car owners who think they own the roads. Other times I think they're just a silly little 'motorised maverick' that needs to be laughed into the curb for being little more than a successful adaptation of the failed Sinclair three wheeler of many years ago.

What do you think?

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    What do you think?
    No they won't do - there are no backsits on those.

HTH

2uk

Comment

I think they're great. The Smart Roadsters are meant to be a blast to drive too
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

they represent a V sign to the ego thrusting fuel guzzling 4x4 owners who think they own the roads
        ..actually we do
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've always wanted to have a go in one to see if I can make it tip over.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I saw one hurtling down the fast lane of the autobahn (A5) on Thursday night in the pouring rain. Personally, I wouldn't !
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Sometimes I think they are plain cute, and it would be rather cool to drive one - mainly because they represent a V sign to the ego thrusting fuel guzzling sports car owners who think they own the roads. Other times I think they're just a silly little 'motorised maverick' that needs to be laughed into the curb for being little more than a successful adaptation of the failed Sinclair three wheeler of many years ago.

What do you think?
              I've been always frightened by tight cars. If something happens they have to take u out in pieces.

Comment

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOoMVlTd1g

Not sure how genuine that is.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  ..actually we do
                  Does that include the times when you are frantically trying to squeeze between the only two cars available to park in down an already crowded street with no other nearby parking spaces available?

Meanwhile little wee whizzy 'Smartie' pants just zips right in there, snug as a bug on the rug, without a second's thought, whilst you move off in a bad mood spending the next 15 mins trying to find somewhere else?

Comment

Does that include the times when you are frantically trying to squeeze between the only two cars available to park in down an already crowded street with no other nearby parking spaces available?

Meanwhile little wee whizzy 'Smartie' pants just zips right in there, snug as a bug on the rug, without a second's thought, whilst you move off in a bad mood spending the next 15 mins trying to find somewhere else?
                    Real contractors get their driver to park for them.

Threaded.

Comment

Working...
                    X