• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smelly others in office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smelly others in office

OK there's a guy in this office who cracks them off like there's no tomorrow, and they really, really stink. I'm not the only one to have noticed, yet nothing has been done about it. So what would you do?

Non-witty, please help me out poll to follow.
    Leave him alone
    7.14%
    Bring it up at the point of impact (in front of everyone else in office)
    28.57%
    Have a word in private
    7.14%
    Send him an email (obviously non-anonymous)
    0.00%
    Leave an anonymous post-it on his monitor
    21.43%
    Hope that the dirty fker reads this site and gets the message
    3.57%
    I am AndyW
    32.14%

The poll is expired.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

That must've been the bloke who sat next to me on the train today. I used to work with a woman who used to disappear at regular intervals and come back reeking of the most overpowering body spray in the universe - it used to make my nose hurt.

Comment

Take up smoking at his desk.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

are they musical? sorry, i mean - can you hear them?

Comment

i'd have a word with his boss. do it through the er... proper channels.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Take up smoking at his desk.
            Which equates to lighting a match near him next time and see if he makes it into space faster than Virgin Galactic.

For added effect, empty a can of hair spray in his direction just prior to ignition.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I would recommend taking up smoking. I am a heavy smoker and therefore cannot smell or taste anything.

The last time I gave up, after a couple of weeks I found the stench of other people when I took the tube in the morning to be truly disgusting.

So I had to start smoking again.

Comment

Another cure for the sense of smell is to chat up some bit of skirt in a nightclub and wait to get atwatted by her boyfriend and his 4 friends.

Worked for me when I was 18. I could be swimming in piss and not smell a thing (handy for later in life). Brut is still fashionable isn't it?
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  I would recommend taking up smoking. I am a heavy smoker and therefore cannot smell or taste anything.

The last time I gave up, after a couple of weeks I found the stench of other people when I took the tube in the morning to be truly disgusting.

So I had to start smoking again.

There are similar complaints about pubs and clubs now there's the smoking ban. Apparently you can smell the loos, which are typically overflowing on a saturday night, and the sweat on the dancefloor.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

You could leave a packet of charcoal biscuits on his desk with a postIT saying "They work for my dog, why don't you try them?".

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-charcoal-biscuits.htm
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X