• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmm it gets worse for Societe Generale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm it gets worse for Societe Generale

http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv...y/robNews/home

Soc Gen news. Maybe this isn't at the same level but I would be happy to keep my money with them. If I had any

Makes me laugh - I did a 6 month contract there a couple of years ago - worse company I have ever worked for. I didn't mind the French till I started working with them, and realised what a bunch of arrogant tw2ts they really are.

Micromanagement like you wouldn't believe. First renewel I've ever rejected.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Makes me laugh - I did a 6 month contract there a couple of years ago - worse company I have ever worked for. I didn't mind the French till I started working with them, and realised what a bunch of arrogant tw2ts they really are.

worst
      took for a ride

racist btw!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

worst
        took for a ride

racist btw!
        taken

btw shouldn't you be checking the spelling on your majesticsoe website?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          taken

btw shouldn't you be checking the spelling on your majesticsoe website?
          Working on it

Comment

And they smell of Garlic.

Which Soc Gen office were you at I'm just around the corner from their Tower Hill office, lots of nice looking ladies always outside the soc gen office having a fag so very French.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

worst
              took for a ride

racist btw!
              Not racist at all. I had no preconceived bias towards the French until I started working with them, if anything I had a slight affinity for them. While generalising, it's fair to say that most populations in the world have national characteristics - and I found the french pretty bloody arrogant, and came away from the experience with negative opinion of the French.

There were nice French people who I worked with, but they were by far in the minority, IMO.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                And they smell of Garlic.

Which Soc Gen office were you at I'm just around the corner from their Tower Hill office, lots of nice looking ladies always outside the soc gen office having a fag so very French.
                That's where I was based - it was the one major plus, I've never worked in an office with quite so many stylish and attractive women.

Comment

I thought Eric Cantona was a tw4t until I worked at Soc Gen.

Comment

Some of the French blokes at JayPee Morgan weren't very nice and one pretended to micro manage me and then tried to replace me with his French Canadian mate toadie who spoke NO English at the London office, they just spoke French to each other and we were all on the same team. One of the worst working experiences ever. Thankfully when this was happening i was already on the way out and got out just in time and I set next to the scheming French bloke in complete silience for 4 weeks during my 4 weeks notice period. Horrible' !!

Comment

Working...
                    X