• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P11DX - Dispensations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P11DX - Dispensations

Anybody here applied for dispensations for their Ltd to reduce the P11D paperwork?

The form looks straightforward enough, but I'm just looking for experiences from other Ltd Co directors.

FWIW, the P11D will be a significant amount of paperwork for me as I spent the first half of the year working abroad and claiming all of the flights/hotel bills etc.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

There was a thread on this a while ago. I think maybe the FaQQer has this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I'd not seen that. Linky perhaps? Searching for dispensation gives a load of chaff and P11DX gives a thread from 2004!
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ion#post412496

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Indeed I have.

You need to have more than one director (I think), and a well-documented expenses approval system that you can demonstrate to HMRC that ensures that only valid expenses are allowed through. You may need multiple employees, but I'm not sure.

Some tax offices are more likely to grant them than others, but the initial application is just to fill in a form and send it off with supporting documentation. They then write back and ask a few questions, e.g. to prove you have a system in place and how it works etc.

Mine covers all expenses incurred by all employees, with no limits - but obviously that doesn't mean that I can go claiming £1000 a day for "lunch" unlike some umbrella company dispensations
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Looks like I may be stymied by the lack of any other directors. Oh Well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Looks like I may be stymied by the lack of any other directors. Oh Well.
              I may be wrong in that requirement. You need to have someone in authority who can review and approve your expenses, though, or you can't get one.

Maybe the company secretary could do it? Not sure - when I mentioned I had a dispensation to someone on here, they said "how did you get that - you need more than one director?" which I took as gospel. Could well fit with lots of other comments on here, though, and be totally wrong.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM30055.htm

Comment

Working...
                X