• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news for those with cash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for those with cash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7234254.stm

The number of people whose homes were repossessed last year has risen by 21%.
    The Council of Mortgage Lenders said 27,100 homes, the highest figure since 1999, were taken over by lenders after people fell behind with repayments.

The figure for the UK is more than the 22,400 in 2006, but not as extreme as the CML had forecast. It is still a sharp rise on the 8,500 of 2003.

And the CML warned that the number of repossessions was likely to rise again in 2008.

Meanwhile, the numbers of mortgages in arrears rose by 8.6% compared to 2006, it said.

Doomed, but Boomed.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Doomed, but Boomed.
    Doesn't riding the fence hurt?

Comment

My eyes are watering a bit for sure.

Comment

I stashed my pennys away and am starting to look for a bargin, after a one bed flat in the city which I will use during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
          I stashed my pennys away and am starting to look for a bargin, after a one bed flat in the city which I will use during the week.
          Give it another year, then buy two
          Kneel before Bod

Comment

House prices will trickle lower for many a year yet. So don't rush in thinking this is a short sharp fall, because it's more than just that. My house is nearly mortgage free and I am stashing away cash to invest in property in 3 to 5 years' time. Boomed indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              House prices will trickle lower for many a year yet. So don't rush in thinking this is a short sharp fall, because it's more than just that. My house is nearly mortgage free and I am stashing away cash to invest in property in 3 to 5 years' time. Boomed indeed.
              I pretty much agree with you, but there seems to be so much negative sentiment that the housing market could drop like a brick.
              Kneel before Bod

Comment

I refer the honourable members to the previously post...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-realtime.html
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If I had a home repossessed I'd be pretty pissed-off with the mortgage company for putting it through an auction, where you're almost guaranteed to have a big shortfall between the sale price and outstanding mortgage, especially seeing as most reposessions occur when the market turns down.

If I was in government I'd force the mortgage companies to try to get a better sale price, first by having to offer it for sale using normal channels and only going to auction as a last resort.

I think having to still pay the shortfall after repossession is possibly the worst part of the whole experience.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
                    I pretty much agree with you, but there seems to be so much negative sentiment that the housing market could drop like a brick.
                    Not that slow, more along the speed of a falling milan.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X