• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile TV

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7240878.stm

I liked this:

"the pilot service is expected to conclusively prove customer demand for mobile broadcast TV and radio services"

or disprove it more like.

Despite the development of MTV (indirectly) keeping me in a job, I think that it's a dead duck.

Copyright issues restrict the transmission of programs to areas where they can already be receive off air. So all that you can subscribe to in, e.g. the UK is channels that you can already get, in the UK. Why would you want to do this?

People who want "TV on the move" can already buy a little pocket TV to use yet, in the main, they don't do this.

Why would already having a mobile in your pocket make you more likely to want to watch TV this (IMHO poxy) way that having to carry a different box around with you. Not forgetting that the little box is subscription free and the mobile is going to come with a monthly fee (otherwise the Telcos aren't going to supply it).

What do others think here. (My career depends upon it! - No not really)

tim

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    to conclusively prove

Tut tut, split infinitives on the BBC

Comment

Working...
    X