• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you think? All comments welcome even the nasty ones!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think? All comments welcome even the nasty ones!

Dear all

I am an ex computer contractor. I am trying to start an e-commerce business.

Please visit www.redreminder.co.uk

and tell me what you think. All comments are welcome especially the nasty ones. As a contractor I have worked with perrmies for six years and have a thick skin.

Stephen George

Re: Opps forgot to say

Opps I forgot to say that redreminder.co.uk reminds business people of tax deadlines. If you employee yourself or others you should have paid your employers Class 1a NIC by the 19th of July. Visit the resource section for more details.

regards

Stephen George

Comment

1. No prices.

2. Many accountants do this anyway for free.

3. What about sending SMS messages as well?

Comment

You said No prices

There is no cost to the subscriber.
        Each reminder will have an advert section after the deadline advice.

You said Many accountants do this anyway for free.

Two accountants / tax accountants have links to my site.
        However to answer your question properly I don't have an accountant. So this is not an option for me. My old accountant would either forget to tell me or would tell me a month before hand and I would forget. The system will remind you (by default) a day before the deadline is due. So either you have a sigh of relief when you get the email - "yep done that". Or a panic attack - "I must do this now"! It seemed to work for me when I was contracting.

You said What about sending SMS messages as well?

I produced the code but found I was the only one interested in it. Also this would have to be a paying service as SMS's cost at least 2p and there is not enough space for an advert. But if enough people left a message on my Message board I would reactivate it.

Would you be prepared to pay £2 -£3 per year for reminders ?

regards

Stephen George

Comment

SMS

Stephen,

Who is your SMS gateway? I can find lots of people offering SMS services, but 2p is pretty cheap, unless you are planning on sending 100,000's of messages per month.

Cheers,

DP.

Comment

Re: SMS

Crap. Where's the wife's birthday?

I have a vague recollection that taxzone (via accountingweb) do or did something similar for end of year returns etc. but don't think it tailored it specifically to one's company year. Some good accountants remind you of all these things, many don't.

Seems useful, if I had any income and did not know all the stupid deadlines by heart anyway I would use it.

Comment

Re: SMS

i think xog has a point - why restrict your reminders to tax deadlines?

Comment

Re: What do you think? All comments welcome even the nasty o

We send out emails and all due dates are available on our Client Home Pages - Event diary. We will also be using SMS soon. Who is your SMS gateway?

A good idea for those that don't have accountants or where accountants don't send out reminders.

It would be nice to have options other than tax deadlines (accounting year end / birthdays / holidays etc).

Good luck with it

ITAccounting - Truly Interactive Internet Accounting

Comment

NeverBeLate

Have you had a look at NeverBeLate - it seems to have a lot more functionality and is also free

Comment

Re: What do you think? All comments welcome even the nasty o

Dear all

I have a competitor. >: www.neverbelate.com/
                    But looking on the bright side some one else thinks I have a good idea. 8)

However they do charge quite a lot of money for emails where as my service is free.

"If you wish to receive email reminders Membership costs £18 plus VAT (unless this has been waived as a result of a promotional offer.)"

So I am not really so bothered. Maybe I should send them an email and say Hi.

On another note

I do have personal reminders for partners birthdays, anniversaries and even your secretaries birthday. However I want to concerntrate on business reminders as my niche.

SMS provider was going to be www.simplewire.com but their prices are slightly higher than 2p per SMS. :rolleyes Sorry.

Stephen

Comment

Working...
                    X