• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract renewal verbal yes, but no contract yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract renewal verbal yes, but no contract yet

hi guys,

I am on my first contract and less than 2 weeks to end of it.

I have verbally agreed to renew the contract (1 week ago), but have not received a paper contract from the client yet ( i am direct not thru agency).

I would like a little advice on prompting them on this?

thanks
    Green Box - Freelance Web Design and Development in London

Originally posted by chewie171 View Post
    hi guys,

I have verbally agreed to renew the contract (1 week ago), but have not received a paper contract from the client yet ( i am direct not thru agency).

thanks
    Just gently remind them that you haven't had the paperwork yet and mention that if no paperwork is forthcoming then you are out of there - verbal agreement notwithstanding.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Personally I only ever accept subject to my signature on the correct paperwork.

You know for next time.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie171 View Post
        hi guys,

thanks
        If there's no contract, yet you work, the T&C of the previous contract carry over.

My client is a multinational. They've paid me consistently on time, and have always played fair - we have an excellent working relationship. At the beginning of this year, there were problems getting the contract registered in Ariba. I worked anyway.

It boils down to trust. Do you trust your client? There's no harm in asking how the paperwork is coming along.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

i had this at my last contract. it was agreed 3wks before end date, but no paperwork.

at 14:30 on what was my last day, i handed my laptop back to the boss and headed for the car (was v nice of course explaining that i'm off and take care etc...). by the time i had started the car, plugged the stereo in and connect the phone to bluetooth, i had the email with contract! on top of that the boss was stood blocking the exit.

I happily turned off the car off and bought the chap a brew...

sometimes things just get forgot. speak to both agency and client. if the agency smell more money they will react quicker than you think!
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            i had this at my last contract. it was agreed 3wks before end date, but no paperwork.

at 14:30 on what was my last day, i handed my laptop back to the boss and headed for the car (was v nice of course explaining that i'm off and take care etc...). by the time i had started the car, plugged the stereo in and connect the phone to bluetooth, i had the email with contract! on top of that the boss was stood blocking the exit.

I happily turned off the car off and bought the chap a brew...

sometimes things just get forgot. speak to both agency and client. if the agency smell more money they will react quicker than you think!
            He's direct (no agency)

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, i think i will try a gentle reminder, as i dont want to burn any bridges.

Having said that i wont trust em as far as i could throw them.
              Green Box - Freelance Web Design and Development in London

Comment

Working...
              X