• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men in tights IS the answer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men in tights IS the answer

http://forums.contractoruk.com/476790-post90459.html

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Men in tights is NOT the answer.

Ever.

Groups like that have an uphill struggle with so many layabout, deadbeat dads out there. I sympathise with the good dads of course.

No more tights though.

And before I reply in full - I would like to ask you what you think the answer is?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And before I reply in full - I would like to ask you what you think the answer is?
      An archery contest in Sherwood forest!
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Erm, I don't think you will. Men in tights is NOT the answer.

The problem, BP, is not wholly with the justice system which favours children being with their mothers I guess. The problem is parents like you and your ex who break up after you have had children.

HTH
        BP, don't use my name to publicise your support/involvement/whatever for the group that you are involved with.

Feel free to jabber on about the injustices of the legal system, how men are treated unfairly in these cases, how biased they are, how the courts favour the mothers and so on. But please, for the love of spandex, do not try to tell me that dressing up as Batman and Robin is the answer.

I had never heard of f4j before then and since then I just think they are a bit desperate. Publicity stunt? Of course it was. Did it help with credibility of them or their cause? Doubt it and certianly not in my eyes.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

BP, don't use my name to publicise your support/involvement/whatever for the group that you are involved with.

Feel free to jabber on about the injustices of the legal system, how men are treated unfairly in these cases, how biased they are, how the courts favour the mothers and so on. But please, for the love of spandex, do not try to tell me that dressing up as Batman and Robin is the answer.

I had never heard of f4j before then and since then I just think they are a bit desperate. Publicity stunt? Of course it was. Did it help with credibility of them or their cause? Doubt it and certianly not in my eyes.
          You mentioned them here

Where did he ?

HTH
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            You mentioned them here

Where did he ?

HTH
            Everyone except CM will know what he means, Diver. You follow the link and you'll quickly get to your post with it in massive letters.

My dig is at the manner that they went about gaining publicity. It has nothing to do with the group. It doesn't matter what the group is supporting, if they use methods such as that I will ALWAYS poke fun.

Why?

Because I think men in tights are FUNNY.

Comment

Firstly I have PMed you and the mods to ask that the thread title is changed - even though you did not say please.

Secondly, you think they are desperate. you are entitled to think what you want. but alot of people are aware of an issue that was not known before. they know they have someone to turn to. and the attitude of the family courts has changed - cases are easier to fight. judges have to be alot more careful before kicking a good man.

Thirdly I note you have not proposed a way forward. until f4j came along it was just fnf. and as you have pointed out no-one had heard of them.

Fourthly the campaign has now changed - the superhero thing was a stepping stone. Though I think elements of the superhero thing will exist. The next 2 months could be interesting.

Comment

Because I think men in tights are FUNNY.
                And interestingly so does the media.

Did you know that "save the pound" had a rally involving 60,000 and got not a single column inch?

f4j is basically a mix of Greenpeace and marketing and PR. the chap who runs it designs bars for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Thirdly I note you have not proposed a way forward. until f4j came along it was just fnf. and as you have pointed out no-one had heard of them.
                  You need a good celeb to help better market yourselves. A hard-done-by Hollywood dad, or similar.

Comment

You need a good celeb to help better market yourselves. A hard-done-by Hollywood dad, or similar.
                    There was that cricketer chap - Graham Thorpe? But he did not speak out.

Kevin Federline?

Pierce Brosnan gave us some good comments - but not related to his case. Same for Nicholas Lyndhurst. And Prince Charles in fact - though I expect he withdrew them after the Buckingham Palace thing.

Of course the major one is Sir Bob Geldof. But he blows hot and cold. He is in touch regularly but will not go the record. Interestingly his documentary implied that f4j were dead beats - I was not happy when I saw it.

But the English democrat candidate in the London Mayoral elections on 1st May might have some success.

Comment

Working...
                    X