• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best emigration destination for early retirement....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best emigration destination for early retirement....

What does the congregation think is best emigration destination taking into account:

-climate
    -property costs
    -cost of living
    -crime
    -general ease of life

I have not counted jobs availability, this is for quitting work entirely and living off investments etc.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What does the congregation think is best emigration destination taking into account:

-climate
    -property costs
    -cost of living
    -crime
    -general ease of life

I have not counted jobs availability, this is for quitting work entirely and living off investments etc.
    I would urge you to consider that Britain is probably the best place to be, as long as you are a non-dom.

Crime is low, Britain is a tax haven for non-doms and the climate (thanks to the 4x4) is improving every year. Inflation is low and so the cost of living is very competitive.

Our policies have fostered a Britain that is safe, cheap and accessible to all.
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Panama

Comment

-climate
        -property costs
        -cost of living
        -crime
        -general ease of life

Obviously you will want to consider somewhere that you will fit in. Have you considered the planet Tharg, where the ape-like grundleboogers live??
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Scotland.

Comment

-climate
            -property costs
            -cost of living
            -crime
            -general ease of life

Somewhere like the Canary Islands possibly? Easy to get back to England, lovely climate, sunset is late, you can pretty much go swimming year-round. Cost of living not too bad. Property prices falling (I assume). Lots of English there. You can probably claim various benefits out there. Relatively civilized.

Not entirely my cup of tea though, too many sun-burnt cab-drivers' wives. Probably better than Australians on balance though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
              Panama
              Indeed. Highly recommended. The US is good as well but hard to get into unless you have the readies.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

UAE in winter. Cyprus in summer.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

France. Close to UK. Property is cheap. Nice culture. Wide ranging climate.

Cyprus. very hot. Speak English (80%). Drive on Left. Low taxes. 4.5 hrs away. English based law system. Big expat community.

Western Canada (e.g Vancouver Island). Cool climate like UK. Plenty of fresh air and open space.

Jersey if you have alot of money.

Canaries not a bad one if you stay away from the tourist bits. North of Tenerife is very green and cooler than the south.

Comment

Perth, West Oz.

Or just south of there near the Margaret River/Dunsborough. Lovely country.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X