• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shannon v Madeleine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shannon v Madeleine

There seems to be a section of the media, mainly the gutter press it must be said, that have attempted to turn this into some sort of p1ss1ng contest. What a disgrace! The facts are that 2 unfortunate little girls appear to have been kidnapped, and as time goes on one really has to fear for their safety.
    Anyone that has attempted to try and score points on this by turning it into some class war really needs to take a long look at themselves.

Discuss or abuse chico etc.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

I think Shannon would win.

Comment

I am sorry to say but I am sick of anything to do with McCann stuff. I feel really sorry for the girls missing in both cases - but it is the media I really despise(as you correctly pointed out).

Still it was handy when fathers 4 justice wanted a bit of publicity...

Comment

It will be all over the papers again on May 3 though.

Comment

Shannon 40,700,000 results
          Madeleine 21,400,000 results

Shannon wins!
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Weird stuff going on in the Shannon family, seven yes seven kids to five different fathers! Latest 'father' was beating her up according to grandparents...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              Weird stuff going on in the Shannon family, seven yes seven kids to five different fathers! Latest 'father' was beating her up according to grandparents...
              I am sure she is a model parent. Just not so sure what she was actually modelled on!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I suppose the worst part is the not knowing. Thousands of people go missing every year in the UK alone. Many of them have people that are devastated by their disapearance. Not all are abandoned or abused and run away on their own free will.

It's depressing that there are so many young people this happens to. In this day and age there is no excuse for letting known sex offenders and child abusers live a normal life when they are blatantly far from normal, but mentally ill. Even if their illness is a cause of them themselves suffering when younger, it's no excuse not to try to prevent them from doing the same to others.

I suppose there's no money in advancing medicine and therapy to find reasonable cures, so it's just dealt with in a reactionary way rather than preventative.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  I am sure she is a model parent. Just not so sure what she was actually modelled on!
                  an alley cat on heat by the sound of it

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                    an alley cat on heat by the sound of it
                    Have you seen her though? If there are 5 guys in Yorkshire that would go anywhere near her then perhaps we need some sort of air strike called in on the place?

Comment

Working...
                    X