• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold hits $1,000 for first time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold hits $1,000 for first time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294040.stm

Great news.

The British government sold almost 400 tonnes of gold between 1999 and 2001 at an average price of $275 per ounce, raising $2.3bn.

At 2008 prices that sale would have raised more than £8bn.

(snip)
    Last edited by ferret; 13 March 2008, 15:08. Reason: ;o)

Brown should make up the difference out of his own pocket money.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Don't worry they now own a similar amount in property inherited from Northern Rock.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Don't worry they now own a similar amount in property inherited from Northern Rock.
        All they need is an alchemist, but all they have are alkies.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Well it will keep my JPM Gold and General fund flying along quite nicely if nothing else.
          Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Working...
          X