• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charity Donations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charity Donations

Is it OK for a Ltd company to make charity donations ?

If so how best is it to record it ?

It's absolutely normal. Record it as a charity donation in the books. Your accountant will make sure it is free of corporation tax. Make sure you get a receipt/thankyou letter from the charity though, made out to your limited company.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith View Post
      It's absolutely normal. Record it as a charity donation in the books. Your accountant will make sure it is free of corporation tax. Make sure you get a receipt/thankyou letter from the charity though, made out to your limited company.
      I made a donation last night for sports relief and the email from them doesn't contain the company name.

I made the transaction using the company card, so I'll just print off the receipt and hand it over to the accoutant

Comment

"Your accountant will make sure it is free of corporation tax"

i.e. he'll list it under "expenditure" along with everything else. Clever chaps, accountants.

Comment

Working...
        X