• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some members of the NUT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some members of the NUT

Should be shot, discuss.

What, so does this mean we'll have to split the whole school up by denominations and faiths when it comes to 'religious instruction' time, does it? That'll foster community cohesion, oh yes.

I think this kind of thing is a huge step forward
    30.00%
    Off a cliff
    0.00%
    Off a cliff and onto broken glass
    20.00%
    Into the chasm of political correctness
    30.00%
    Into a well of indifference
    0.00%
    AndyW is my imam
    20.00%

Yes, it is quite worrying that many people are forced to leave their children in the care of extremists for several hours every working day of the week.

It would be so much better if they just privatised schools and allowed parents to vote with their feet.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Where is the “No one under the age of 21 should be exposed to religious indoctrination” option?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

they are also talking about going on strike for more money, dont think they do enough for the amount they currently get to be honest

Comment

Religion has no place in schools in my view. I think they may teach kids about religion just not religion.

I don't give a damn if its CofE, Islam etc. Its all tulip in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Religion has no place in schools in my view. I think they may teach kids about religion just not religion.

I don't give a damn if its CofE, Islam etc. Its all tulip in my view.

I must say that I agree with Sockpuppet.

I am convinced that faith-based schools are divisive of the community as a whole and should not exist. Children may attend religious instruction outside the state school system if their faiths think it appropriate but at state schools I agree with Sockpuppet that children sshould be taught about religion and not pressured to follow any religion until the age of majority.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
            X