• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom II

more on the bench

Is this just a temporary dip ?
    I'm alright Jack

"IT departments are also much more sparsely staffed now than they were between 2000 and 2002, the time of the last market crash, meaning they have “far less fat to trim”.

And while the credit crunch was always predicted to make some clients a 'little nervous,' experts were also right to tell CUK that its root cause would actually enrich some contractors.

“Risk management and compliance are huge growth areas right now,” Matthew Brown, the managing director of Giant said yesterday.

“If anything the credit crisis and the Société Générale scandal will accelerate this process, rather than lead to curbs on spending.”

Moreover, he said, most financial organisations have managed their contractor resource much more efficiently since the last downturn after the 9/11 terrorist attacks."

BOOMED!

Comment

I have used my 4 years contracting to pay off debts, mortgages and to invest. In no way did I use the enhanced income to lavish luxuries upon myself and to live beyond my means.

It's a shame that UK Plc and Liebour didn't do the same.

I'll be gutted if I'm not earning this much in the future, but I have always seen contracting as a bonus and a temporary - but amazing - opportunity to improve my financial standing.

Comment

Doom II was a great game, lucky you that your on the bench to play such a brilliant game..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I was expecting a thread about this:

http://www.idsoftware.com/games/doom/doom2/

Sort it out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Is this just a temporary dip ?

How can we possibly tell without the benefit of hindsight?

The number of vacancies on jobserve for my skillset seems to be lower in the last week or two than previously. Hoping it will pick up in April when they get the new budgets, otherwise I may have to resort to considering permiedom.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              In no way did I use the enhanced income to lavish luxuries upon myself and to live beyond my means.
              Amateur.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
              X