• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amusing things people say at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amusing things people say at work

Overheard project manager talking to a colleague

"It's not that he can't "think outside the box", the khoont doesn't even realise he's in a box!"

Made me smile.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Overheard project manager talking to a colleague

"It's not that he can't "think outside the box", the khoont doesn't even realise he's in a box!"

Made me smile.

POTD!

Comment

Lazy permie yesterday to equally workshy colleague, with a whining tone.

"I actually had to reply to 5 or 6 emails today"

An arduous task indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by smiff View Post
        Lazy permie yesterday to equally workshy colleague, with a whining tone.

"I actually had to reply to 5 or 6 emails today"

An arduous task indeed.
        Do you work with Wilmslow?

Edit: Actually you probably don't, he'd have started a thread complaining about how many e-mails he'd had and asking for advice on how to reply...
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

"All this bending over is a real pain in the a*se"

One of my site staff, marking out deck ready for cutting by the burners.

quickly followed by:

"I'm sick and tired of getting all the bending jobs for you blokes"

Twenty minutes before any of us were capable of working

He has never lived it down
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Pretty much anything that comes out of the mouth of the main Client Co's It Director, at the minute

Especially as the company is being merged, and as we know, nobody needs 2 IT directors

Comment

My late father used to keep a book of these at work - the ones I remember were

"If I died tomorrow I couldn't grumble"

"We were in this valley, with hills all round"

and

"There's a lot of people dying who never used to"

My mate once wrote on the bottom of a paper memo (when we still used to do those) "If anything in this is not clear, please hesitate to contact me" The recipient rang him and he said "you haven't read the bottom of the memo, have you?"

Comment

"I spent £2000 on this suit"

Comment

"some very big owners are family friends, Im talking sunday times rich list."

Comment

"I don't see why we have to bother with all of this governance rubbish"

or

"I don't like working very much so you will be doing most of my work"

Comment

Working...
                    X