• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Quarterly and BillPay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE Quarterly and BillPay

Hi guys,

Currently enjoying running a limited company, it's early days and i'm learning lots of new things! I might just be being over sensitive here but best to ask if unsure.....

I just made my first PAYE payment for the quarter due 19 April - I am on the quarterly scheme.

However, I made the payment using BillPay as seperate payments for Month 10, 11 and 12. Should I have just made one payment for all three months instead?

I don't know whether this matters or not, I couldn't see a clear explanation on the site - it all totals up the same amount after all.

Can anyone see any problems with what i've done?

Danbro Accounting Limited

Hi,

What you have done isnt wrong, however you could have just paid the total quarterly amount using bill pay.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by ramholio View Post
      Hi guys,

Currently enjoying running a limited company, it's early days and i'm learning lots of new things! I might just be being over sensitive here but best to ask if unsure.....

I just made my first PAYE payment for the quarter due 19 April - I am on the quarterly scheme.

However, I made the payment using BillPay as seperate payments for Month 10, 11 and 12. Should I have just made one payment for all three months instead?

I don't know whether this matters or not, I couldn't see a clear explanation on the site - it all totals up the same amount after all.

Can anyone see any problems with what i've done?
      You have an option to pay quarterly provided the average PAYE/NIC due each month does not exceed £1500 -if it does you should make the payments each month.

Alan

Comment

Hmm.. BillPay.. I've always payed by cheques, which I find all a bit obsolete and cumbersome for an IT expert. Can you pay VAT in this way too?
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Hmm.. BillPay.. I've always payed by cheques, which I find all a bit obsolete and cumbersome for an IT expert. Can you pay VAT in this way too?
          Yes, you can pay your VAT eletronically. You get an extra 7 days as well.

Comment

MyCo has a firm and unshakeable policy - all payments to HMRC are by cheque. They make my life inutterably difficult at every turn, so why should I help them? Plus it provides work for at least one epsilon semi-moron envelope-unstuffing operative on the non-productive HMG-funded payroll.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              ...Plus it provides work for at least one epsilon semi-moron envelope-unstuffing operative on the non-productive HMG-funded payroll.
              Surely epsilon minus?

Comment

Alan, I currently pay monthly by Billpay - can you advise how I opt to go quarterly?

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
                You have an option to pay quarterly provided the average PAYE/NIC due each month does not exceed £1500 -if it does you should make the payments each month.

Alan

Comment

No but you can do VAT online so they automatically take it from your bank account. Plus you get more time to pay = more interest to you.

www.hmrc.gov.uk / Do It Online for VAT.

Comment

Re VAT its actually more than 7 days. they take it by direct Debit on the 12th of the next month, at least they do for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X