PDA

View Full Version : Four Years...

bogeyman
4th April 2008, 17:45
That's what a good citizen's life is worth these days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7326439.stm

Four years 'detention'.

I'm amazed they didn't get a 'Community Service Order'.

I wonder what sentence those evil scrotes who kicked that poor goth girl to death in a park are going to get?

I really never thought I'd say this, but...

BRING BACK HANGING

DimPrawn
4th April 2008, 17:49
Four years, out in two and straight onto benefits for the rest of their lives.

Bagpuss
4th April 2008, 17:53
How can it be manslaughter when the perp used a knife? What was the intent, to scratch him?

miffy
4th April 2008, 18:04
How can it be manslaughter when the perp used a knife? What was the intent, to scratch him?

Thats the british justice system for you. Like DP says, once they're out it'll be life of reilly on benefits.

Bagpuss you really need to sort out that avatar. There's lots of baggy images on google, bring back the fat pink cat. :smile

Bagpuss
4th April 2008, 18:15
If they just hit him I can see the reasoning for manslaughter, but they were carrying a weapon, obviously with the intent of wounding or worse. In those cases it should be upgraded to murder

AtW
4th April 2008, 18:18
In those cases it should be upgraded to murder

Maybe in those cases relatives should be allowed to do exactly the same thing to those people in exchange for exactly the same sentence. It might be up to the guilty party to decide if they want to risk that to happen to them OR ask the court to give them harsher sentence in the hope it would deter relatives from doing just that.

d000hg
4th April 2008, 18:19
Manslaughter == didn't mean to kill, right? If you hit someone with a bat it doesn't mean you are trying to kill them...

threaded
4th April 2008, 21:30
You've got to remember a proles life is worth much less than a blade of grass on a field belonging to TPTB.

HTH

Francko
4th April 2008, 22:07
Maybe in those cases relatives should be allowed to do exactly the same thing to those people in exchange for exactly the same sentence. It might be up to the guilty party to decide if they want to risk that to happen to them OR ask the court to give them harsher sentence in the hope it would deter relatives from doing just that.

Let me guess. You have a soviet degree in law.

Diver
4th April 2008, 23:31
Kill them.

Vigilante mob lynching.

You know it makes sense!

AtW
5th April 2008, 01:00
Let me guess. You have a soviet degree in law.

:wink

Diver
5th April 2008, 01:08
:wink ;) :moon:

PAH
5th April 2008, 10:37
If they just hit him I can see the reasoning for manslaughter, but they were carrying a weapon, obviously with the intent of wounding or worse. In those cases it should be upgraded to murder

Isn't there an automatic jail sentence for carrying lethal weapons, such as guns? Knifes are just as lethal, it's all about where the victim is hit with both types of weapon.

So they should get 2 years for being in possession, then more on top if they use it, then more on top if they kill or seriously injure someone.