• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual Leave payout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Leave payout

Hi,

I was working through an agency during 2006. I was paid for the hours I worked only. Is there an entitlement for annual leave? given that it was during 2006

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Shan

It depends on your contract with the agency.

If you were a temp, possibly.
    If you were a contractor, I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
      It depends on your contract with the agency.

If you were a temp, possibly.
      If you were a contractor, I doubt it.
      WHS

I very much doubt they owe you a bean if you were PAYE with them (ouch).
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I thought employees were entitles to 20 days off per year under European working hours directive - and it must be taken - can't be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
          I thought employees were entitles to 20 days off per year under European working hours directive - and it must be taken - can't be paid.
          Yes, but if they were a 'contractor' with the agency, they were either with an umbrella or their own Ltd.
          Either way, holiday entitlement and holiday pay are nowt to do with the agency, unless there was a specific clause in the contract to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
            Yes, but if they were a 'contractor' with the agency, they were either with an umbrella or their own Ltd.
            Either way, holiday entitlement and holiday pay are nowt to do with the agency, unless there was a specific clause in the contract to the contrary.
            unless they were PAYE on the agency

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
              unless they were PAYE on the agency
              Then they are not a contracter, they are a temp, see my 1st post.....

Comment

Working...
              X