• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contractor job with lots of travel involved?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Contractor job with lots of travel involved?

Hi.

Just a quick question: have you ever came across a programmer/analyst job with lots of travel involved?
    It seems I am unable to spend too much time in one place anyway, that's why contracting in general seems great to me.
    But I'm thinking of an even more mobile work, with lots of overseas travel etc

You running from the long arm of the law?

Comment

Lots of travel

Flight Attendant?

Comment

It's just that I, as opposed to most computer people, actually like to travel for no good reason at all. Meeting new people, getting drunk in strange places etc

One particular niche I have found are professional trainers, who teach say GSM or 3G stuff, now GSM is hot news in Africa so you get to teach over there for decent money.

Flight attendant is usually no good as you're mostly on the same route to my knowledge (besides the crappy pay that is).

Comment

sailor?
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
            Flight Attendant?
            Originally posted by scooby View Post
            sailor?
            The OP did mention a programmer/analyst job

Comment

Go and get some work in Europe.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                You running from the long arm of the law?
                Or the CSA....

Or are you David Banner?
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
                  It's just that I, as opposed to most computer people, actually like to travel for no good reason at all. Meeting new people, getting drunk in strange places etc

One particular niche I have found are professional trainers, who teach say GSM or 3G stuff, now GSM is hot news in Africa so you get to teach over there for decent money.

Flight attendant is usually no good as you're mostly on the same route to my knowledge (besides the crappy pay that is).
                  Training is a good one, especially if it involves roll outs to regional offices.

Comment

IT Contractor job
                    Or Hector?

A mate of mine got a gig once upgrading routers all across Europe for about 9 months - sounded like fun.

I'm off to Geneva next month

Going through terminal 5
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X