• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview questions

From the news section.

3. Imagine that you are walking along the street and the police suddenly begin chasing someone. They suddenly shout "hands up", what would your immediate reaction be?

Some typical answers:
    a) You would put your hands up in the air and stand there. This might signify that the person would potentially freeze under sudden stress, unable to respond in a dignified or eloquent manner).

b) You would flee as fast as you can. Disobeying the order, and quickly getting out of the situation. This could signify that the person reacts without much thought to a sudden pressure situation, and rather than confront the situation calmly, cannot deal with the situation or the possible consequences.

c) You would calmly assess what has occurred and the area around you. Coolly asking the policemen whether it is you that has been shouted at, or a stranger, asking for guidance as to how you should act next. This would indicate that the person would calmly analyse the situation, however stressful the person’s position may be, and being level-headed enough to request guidance in matters.
    I was always under the impression that when armed police tell you to do something, even if you're not sure whether they were talking to you, the best course of action is to comply and ask questions later.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Firstly I would consider whether I was wearing my rucksack.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      From the news section.

I was always under the impression that when armed police tell you to do something, even if you're not sure whether they were talking to you, the best course of action is to comply and ask questions later.
      Read the question. It doesn't mention "armed" police.

You failed the test.

Comment

From the news section.

They *never* shout "hands up" - they shout "STOP - ARMED POLICE". In these situations it's best to stop.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Read the question. It doesn't mention "armed" police.

You failed the test.
          Which in turn implies you would make a large issue out of something minor in the workplace. FAIL...Next!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Which in turn implies you would make a large issue out of something minor in the workplace. FAIL...Next!
            Which demonstrates your over eagerness to stamp your authority and demand respect - failed.

Do you ever use the line "Do you know who I am?"?

Comment

I'd probably just join him in his sing song

http://www.discogs.com/release/320229

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Do you ever use the line "Do you know who I am?"?
                Only when followed by "Good" and then hanging up on the idiot caller.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  They *never* shout "hands up" - they shout "STOP - ARMED POLICE". In these situations it's best to stop.
                  Sometimes you can get your head shot off just going for the tube!!!
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Only when followed by "Good" and then hanging up on the idiot caller.
                    Ahhh, the Brian Clough gambit, like it!

Comment

Working...
                    X