PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a Bad Day

sparklelard
26th July 2005, 07:57
Bit of bad news today.

A friend of the family has lost their son and girlfriend to the bomb in Egypt.

Just want to express my condolences to all those affected by this outbreak of terrorism.

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 08:00
Bit of bad news today.

A friend of the family has lost their son and girlfriend to the bomb in Egypt.

Just want to express my condolences to all those affected by this outbreak of terrorism.

If they hadn't been there, it wouldn't have happened.

Chico
26th July 2005, 08:00
My condolences also to all those affected.

WageSlave
26th July 2005, 08:02
Sparklelard, that's terrible news.

One of my father's old colleagues lost her sister and brother-in-law in a terrorist attack in Egypt a few years ago. The sister had gone on holiday to celebrate successfully beating cancer, only to die from an al-Qaeda bullet.

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 08:03
My condolences also to all those affected.

Well Chico, it was your "God" that let it happen, don't you think you're being rather two-faced here?

Chico
26th July 2005, 08:04
Spod so you are blaming God for the actions of terrorists?

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 08:05

No Chico, I'm accusing you of being two faced and of jumping on the sympathy bandwagon.

Anyone who visits the middle-east at the moment takes their life in their own hands.

hyperD
26th July 2005, 08:06
I think he's blaming blinkered christians, rather than god.

Chico
26th July 2005, 08:09
And how am I being two faced? So A Christian cannot express condolence for victims of terrorism? Ok... why?

SandyDown
26th July 2005, 08:14
Sparklelard, that's terrible news.

One of my father's old colleagues lost her sister and brother-in-law in a terrorist attack in Egypt a few years ago. The sister had gone on holiday to celebrate successfully beating cancer, only to die from an al-Qaeda bullet.

f it was a few years ago, I think you mean the luxor arracke, then it wasn't the Qaeda!!!

WageSlave
26th July 2005, 08:16
f it was a few years ago, I think you mean the luxor arracke, then it wasn't the Qaeda!!!

Quite possibly, Sandy. All I know is what filtered through the family news channel.

wobbegong
26th July 2005, 08:25
it was your "God" that let it happen

If God is willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
If he is able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
If he is both able and willing? Then why does evil still occur?
If he is neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

benn0
26th July 2005, 09:25

You sir, are a tit of the highest order.

Bagpuss
26th July 2005, 09:29

What a pathetic attempt at a human being you are. Why do you come here when everyone hates you?

SandyDown
26th July 2005, 09:33
What a pathetic attempt at a human being you are. Why do you come here when everyone hates you?

I don't hate Spod, Spod is just a lost lady

WageSlave
26th July 2005, 09:34
I like Spod. He's a major p1ss taker, but a top bloke.

Lucifer Box
26th July 2005, 09:35
He's got a dodgy handshake and that's good enough for me.

Bagpuss
26th July 2005, 09:37
Is he ever funny? NO
Is he ever witty?NO
Does he ever have anything useful to say? NO

What does he do apart from abuse people and attention seek?
Has he p1ssed off all the people he could talk to at work?

Surely the boards ultimate one dimentional thick troll.

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 09:39

To try and instill a little variety and novelty in your otherwise miserable and pointless existence bagpuss. What's your excuse?

A piece of advice, before you visit the middle-east, read the Foreign Office website. Be aware of the risks. If after that you choose to visit areas of high risk, then be it on your own heads.

Wake up, it's a dangerous world out there!

Bagpuss
26th July 2005, 09:40
To try and instill a little variety and novelty in your otherwise miserable and pointless existence bagpuss. What's your excuse?

A piece of advice, before you visit the middle-east, read the Foreign Office website. Be aware of the risks. If after that you choose to visit areas of high risk, then be it on your own heads.

Wake up, it's a dangerous world out there!

You are a worthless piece of sh1t SPod and you know it

zeitghost
26th July 2005, 09:41
"Hey! Let's be careful out there!" Sergeant Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues.

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 09:42
You are a worthless piece of sh1t SPod and you know it

If I knew it, why would I need an attention seeking retard who's never had an original thought in his life to tell me?

Bagpuss
26th July 2005, 09:44
If I knew it, why would I need an attention seeking retard who's never had an original thought in his life to tell me?

Original thought LOL! (I know thinks spod I'll copy what Bagpuss just wrote that will make me look clever)

Deep down Spod you know your workmates think you are a coont

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 09:47
Original thought LOL! (I know thinks spod I'll copy what Bagpuss just wrote that will make me look clever)

Bagpuss, the only reason you raised your head above the parapet was because someone else decided to have a go at me.

You've just seen the reaction to your original post. Grow up!

Workmates? I don't know about you and your class mates but I'm a contractor, I do the job then piss off home and spend the money.

What do you do all day? Kiss your bosses arses?

Bagpuss
26th July 2005, 09:49
Bagpuss wrote What does he do apart from abuse people and attention seek?

:spank:

SandyDown
26th July 2005, 10:03
But Spod (I know you are in Palestine now- you are taking risks too )
anyway I have always dreamt of visiting the pyramids, luxor and the valley of the kings.......

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 10:05
But Spod (I know you are in Palestine now- you are taking risks too )
anyway I have always dreamt of visiting the pyramids, luxor and the valley of the kings.......

Sandy, back in sunny West Yarkshire - do keep up dear heart! :hug:

OwlHoot
26th July 2005, 10:15
If God is willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
If he is able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
If he is both able and willing? Then why does evil still occur?
If he is neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Ah, the kiddies' argument.

Just for starters, what happens if in "preventing" evil now he introduces more evil in the future?

wobbegong
26th July 2005, 10:36
Ah, the kiddies' argument.

Just for starters, what happens if in "preventing" evil now he introduces more evil in the future?

Owl, it's not my argument, it's something I received a couple of weeks back that I thought sat well with Spods comment.

Your question is interesting though, are you suggesting that 'God' firstly, could fail to anticipate the consequences of his actions, or secondly that 'God' could make mistakes/errors of judgement?

snaw
26th July 2005, 10:46
Hey Spod, better stay away from London too with that attitude, add Bali, Turkey, Morocco, Russia, the US, Spain while you're at it. I'm sure that list i going to expand as well.

SupremeSpod
26th July 2005, 10:53
Hey Spod, better stay away from London too with that attitude, add Bali, Turkey, Morocco, Russia, the US, Spain while you're at it. I'm sure that list i going to expand as well.

All I said was assess the risks, if you can live with the risks, fine. Just don't start whinging when things turn to shite!

hattra
26th July 2005, 18:12
A bit harsh, Spod, but, to be fair, also a common attitude in the Middle East - try being in a road accident in Saudi - the foreigner is always to blame, because "if they hadn't come to our country ....... "

Of course, since Islam is a pre-determinist (or fatalist, if you prefer) religion, they died because Allah wished it - they had no say in the matter.