• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which SW firewall / AV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which SW firewall / AV

My current Norton Licenseis about to expire so I though a change would be in order.

After asking Uncle Google what he though I camr to the conclusion that Every sw Firewall and every AV package is the Greatest and Wosrt software ever built.

So what do you guys think / use ?
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Using something called AVAST, Hungarian I think, a freebie and its worked well so far !

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Have you had any problems with NAV?
      I've had no problems, it's just that sometimes I like to review what I've got when the oppertunity arises.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

AV & Firewall

I use NOD32 for my AV. Very small footprint and quick scanning. Don't really notice its on the system when it's doing its on-access scanning.

For my firewall I use on old P200 box running Smoothwall to protect my family network. I've also put DansGuardian on here to provide greater control and content filtering for the younger members of the family.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

kerio firewall
          avg a/v

Comment

anti virus

Hey Norton Internet security 2005 with SP2 on an XP machine will be fine, use spybot search and destroy and you'll never have problems again, I have got XP Pro with SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2002! I just keep it up to date, I just get pop now and again.
            I even got Kazaa and I dont have problems, any more questions email me if u like
            Thankyou for reading
            www.leonstacey.co.uk

Comment

Avg

AVG www.grisoft.com

free for non commercial use, cheap otherwise. quick on fixes, quite reliable and easy to use. Not tried trheir firewall.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I contemplated Sophos, after someone here recommended it.

But at over £200, it's not something I need that much. If my main income was so dependant on my PC and web access I would spend the money though...

I'll stick with Norton, it suits me.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X