PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy's Political manifesto

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 06:49
As there is a bit of politics floating around today here we go.

1. Education: create a voucher system for schools, everyone, rich or poor gets to choose where their children go to school. This would eventually mean creating many more of them (smaller) and handing them over to be run as charitable entities aka the public school system.

2. Sports facilities: wherever possible land assigned for development would be given priority to be turned into sports facilities, clubs/schools to partner each other; same applies to music.

3. Health.. voucher system again as per education.

4. Defence, yep we'll have some shiny new kit, and cumpulsory national service or social service for all for one year.

5. Business, any monopoly to be broken up (watch out Tesco).

6. Inheritance tax. relief yes up to say £300,000 with the rest to be returned to the government on the death of an individual.

7. Welfare only to be paid if people work. Work can be anything from cleaning up dog turds in the park, to cleaning graffiti, to child minding, looking after older people. training, lots and lots of training for people to get them into work

8. Legalise fox hunting (we dont want the toffs running the country so give them something else to do)

9. European Union, no more of our power to be handed to Brussels unless by referendum.

10.legalise prostitution and make it exempt from VAT

11.Simplify tax

Churchill
20th May 2008, 06:53
Point 10, can't you claim the VAT back?

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 06:57
Point 10, can't you claim the VAT back?

Its negotiable

TimberWolf
20th May 2008, 07:13
1. Education: create a voucher system for schools, everyone, rich or poor gets to choose where their children go to school. This would eventually mean creating many more of them (smaller) and handing them over to be run as charitable entities aka the public school system.

Get rid totally. Education could be done better on-line for peanuts.

2. Sports facilities: wherever possible land assigned for development would be given priority to be turned into sports facilities, clubs/schools to partner each other; same applies to music.

Eh?

Get rid. Sack 'em all, the bloody leaches lining their pockets off the misfortuntes of others. Replace with on-line diagnostics and treatment abroad, at a cost of peanuts.

4. Defence, yep we'll have some shiny new kit, and cumpulsory national service or social service for all for one year.

Yep, need defence to develop shiny new technology. There's huge waste though, so sack em all and start again.

Good idea.

6. Inheritance tax. relief yes up to say £300,000 with the rest to be returned to the government on the death of an individual.

Okay.

7. Welfare only to be paid if people work. Work can be anything from cleaning up dog turds in the park, to cleaning graffiti, to child minding, looking after older people. training, lots and lots of training for people to get them into work

Hmm. This will put people that do these jobs out of work.

8. Legalise fox hunting (we dont want the toffs running the country so give them something else to do)

A hideous sadistic sport practised and enjoyed by perverts and other half-men. Participants should be locked up with paedophiles.

9. European Union, no more of our power to be handed to Brussels unless by referendum.

Too late.

Didn't realise it was illegal.

11.Simplify tax

This would lower tax takes considerably, but with the measures put in above, would be doable.

HairyArsedBloke
20th May 2008, 08:09
Why spend so much money on education when it is more cost effective to import educated people from abroad?

TimberWolf
20th May 2008, 08:40
Why spend so much money on education when it is more cost effective to import educated people from abroad?

Makes no economic sense, and nor does rearing kids. There's no shortage abroad and never will be.

Looking at GCSE exam papers and coursework it appears the whole lot could be crammed in about two weeks by an adult anyway, and would save about 10 years of kids time wondering whether it is time to go home yet.

Advocate
20th May 2008, 08:45
You've got my vote!

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 09:00

You are missing the point. The point about educating kids properly is that they do not turn out to become welfare dependents, criminals or IT contractors (:laugh). In other words that every kid should receive a top education (in sport also) so that they dont have to rely upon the state for a living.

Churchill
20th May 2008, 09:03
You are missing the point. The point about educating kids properly is that they do not turn out to become welfare dependents, criminals or IT contractors (:laugh). In other words that every kid should receive a top education (in sport also) so that they dont have to rely upon the state for a living.

Do you really think education is a cure for the feqless fuqwit?

oracleslave
20th May 2008, 09:04
In other words that every kid should receive a top education (in sport also)

And music also as the rugby team couldn't beat a drum :tongue

NotAllThere
20th May 2008, 09:05
4. Defence, yep we'll have some shiny new kit, and cumpulsory national service or social service for all for one year....

Is that something to do with the initiation rites?

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 09:23
Do you really think education is a cure for the feqless fuqwit?

Absolutely. If they come from a disfunctional environment then boarding school. If they are thick as p.tulipe then its sport. whatever it is a child may be good at it should be up to the school to bring the best out of him/her.

I am not saying that children should be educated to get A levels but educated to get the best out of them in order to give them confidence, self esteem and aspirations.

BrilloPad
20th May 2008, 09:25

11.Simplify tax

You forgot agents to be made exempt from tax.

oracleslave
20th May 2008, 09:26
Absolutely. If they come from a disfunctional environment then boarding school.

How likely are the creators of the dysfunctional environment (the parents) likely to make the decision to send them to boarding school for their own benefit?

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 09:27
You forgot agents to be made exempt from tax.

Thanks BP, that goes to number one. However there is a fly in the DA manifesto, which is if everyone is educated who is going to fill the recruitment agency vacancies?

BrilloPad
20th May 2008, 09:33
Thanks BP, that goes to number one. However there is a fly in the DA manifesto, which is if everyone is educated who is going to fill the recruitment agency vacancies?

So we need a group of people who only watch big brother and read the sun? I can't see that attracting many...

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 09:37
How likely are the creators of the dysfunctional environment (the parents) likely to make the decision to send them to boarding school for their own benefit?

detail, detail,

sort it out with the social workers. However the fact that the power of choice is entrusted with the consumer will force the providers of education to sharpen up their acts.

TimberWolf
20th May 2008, 09:37
So we need a group of people who only watch big brother and read the sun? I can't see that attracting many...

That's the way I read it too, though Dodgy may have been referring to the vacancies that recruitment agencies advertise, rather than recruitment agency vacancies.

Peoplesoft bloke
20th May 2008, 09:50

Eh? only if there's a good charity school within striking distance of the home they have been able to afford surely. I'm not against this in principle, just not sure it would do anyhthing except create extra admin and huge costs to set it all up - also, who's going to train all the teachers?

Tee Hee try telling all your Thatcherite pals in big business about this one - laudable policy objective though it is, the planning system is run by big businesses in this country.

Holy smoke! I hope you've done your sums on the National Service - all the lost productivity to businesses as well as the costs of chasing down all the chavs that just don't bother with it - what will be the penalty for avoidance?

I'd watch out if I was you - these days Tesco takes legal action if they think you've said something bad about about them. Much as I dislike them, and their Thathcerite approach, they aren't a monopoly, are they?- so how can you justify that claim?

Ridiculous - you are actaully suggesting the same kind of punishments that are used in community service orders are given to people who need dole cos they have no job. And that's quite apart from the ridiculous costs of setup and admin - and what if people think they'd rather "work" on the dole than get a real job? You, arch Thatcherite are talking about creating a huge State industry employing people at rubbish wages - what a laugh.

Agree with the policy but not the "reasoning" - Fox Hunting isn't a class issue and it surprises me that you suggest it is.

Too late - Thatcher and Major signed us up (against the wishes, as I learned this week, of Ian Duncan Cough)

Agree, but it's a luxury item so I don't see why people can't pay VAT

11.Simplify tax
Easy said - let's have a bit more detail.

Churchill
20th May 2008, 09:51
Simplify tax?

Dead simple.

Don't tax earning, tax spending!

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 09:52
That's the way I read it too, though Dodgy may have been referring to the vacancies that recruitment agencies advertise, rather than recruitment agency vacancies.

I was referring to the recruitment consultants themselves

kali
20th May 2008, 10:05
Simplify tax?

Dead simple.

Don't tax earning, tax spending!

Interesting call...

But wouldn't that encourage people to buy abroad?

Bagpuss
20th May 2008, 10:14
Get rid totally. Education could be done better on-line for peanuts.

Good idea we could do with a few more autistic kids with no social skills:eyes

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 10:21
Good idea we could do with a few more autistic kids with no social skills:eyes

Quite

TimberWolf
20th May 2008, 10:54
Quite

Oi! Who needs social skills anyway, unless you aspire to be a recruitment agent? :rolleyes:

As for autism, I doubt that would be acquired through lack of physically going to school. School isn’t about learning; it’s for getting rid of the kids during the day.

sunnysan
20th May 2008, 11:39

Not sure about the national service bit. Maybe spending on military shoudl increase but conscription?

Not everybody is suited for the military environment and huge damage can be done to individuals in this environment if they are physically or mentally not equipped to cope with military life.

Conscription is oft touted as the ultimate solution for young men coming from socially dysfunctional backgrounds.

Do you really want to take someone who is from a dysfunctional background, teach them hand to hand combat, give them weapons training, contacts to access military materials etc etc.

IME someone who is delinquent and dysfunctional will come out of military service more so or at best, having the potential to cause a lot more damage than when they went in.

BrilloPad
20th May 2008, 11:43
Not sure about the national service bit. Maybe spending on military shoudl increase but conscription?

Not everybody is suited for the military environment and huge damage can be done to individuals in this environment if they are physically or mentally not equipped to cope with military life.

Conscription is oft touted as the ultimate solution for young men coming from socially dysfunctional backgrounds.

Do you really want to take someone who is from a dysfunctional background, teach them hand to hand combat, give them weapons training, contacts to access military materials etc etc.

IME someone who is delinquent and dysfunctional will come out of military service more so or at best, having the potential to cause a lot more damage than when they went in.

maybe the delinquent and dysfunctional should serve longer terms.

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 11:46

"or social services"

BrilloPad
20th May 2008, 11:47
"or social services"

no-one deserves the SS.

moorfield
20th May 2008, 11:51
Economy: Introduce a 99p coin (old Monster Raving Loony policy I think - inspired).

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 11:52
no-one deserves the SS.

Straight choice:

National Service - kick arse
Social Service - Wipe arse

Churchill
20th May 2008, 12:03
Straight choice:

It works in Germany...

BrilloPad
20th May 2008, 12:16
Straight choice:

In my dealings with the SS I took it up the arse.

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 12:17
In my dealings with the SS I took it up the arse.

I'm sure Churchill would be only to willing to clean up afterwards :happy

oracleslave
20th May 2008, 12:27
I'm sure Churchill would be only to willing to clean up afterwards :happy

:spel join in

DodgyAgent
20th May 2008, 12:28
:spel join in

:rollin::rollin: