• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm posting this here as no one appears....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm posting this here as no one appears....

to read the business/contracts thread

Can anyone advise please? I have been told this morning that my contract will be finishing next Friday 30th of may. However my contract states 6th of June. This is the first time this has happend and I know its the nature of being a contractor. Is there anything I can do?

I assume because I have been told this morning I've been given just over a weeks notice on the clients part? he also told me that his purchase orders have always only had me up till the 30th of May.

any help appreciated

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
    to read the business/contracts thread

Can anyone advise please? I have been told this morning that my contract will be finishing next Friday 30th of may. However my contract states 6th of June. This is the first time this has happend and I know its the nature of being a contractor. Is there anything I can do?

I assume because I have been told this morning I've been given just over a weeks notice on the clients part? he also told me that his purchase orders have always only had me up till the 30th of May.

any help appreciated
    What's the notice period in your contract?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

My first thought is, why get agitated about one week ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Cos I'm a money grabber and the thought of losing a weeks money does my head in

Comment

Cos I'm a money grabber and the thought of losing a weeks money does my head in
          me too
          just treat it as holiday and start the next gig one week early

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            What's the notice period in your contract?
            I think I've answered my own question really.....

Having just looked it two weeks notice either way.

I did have a chat with the PM earlier in the month stating that it was unlikely I would get extended as the project looked to be finishing on time.

However nothing in writing.

I guess my argument with myself is do I want to get anal for a week and probably ruin my chances of coming back or not.

Comment

me too
              just treat it as holiday and start the next gig one week early

What Gig would that be then

Comment

Wouldn't bother about it.

Is it really worth souring the relationship with the client, and spending money on court cases (assuming you want to push it that far) for a week's worth of money?

I suspect not.

Just have a week off.

Comment

Depends on his factors I guess. If you are not pulling in huge sums and rolls are thin on the ground then an extra weeks pay and free use of their facilities very is useful.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What Gig would that be then
                    stop working, start looking

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X