• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Printer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer

Guys, I'm looking for a bog standard printer that will print photos from a 5 mega pixel camera, and do docs.

Needs to be small & cheap - what sort of DPI should I be looking for and who are the recommended manufacturers.

Cheers
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Check out the Canon shop on eBay.

They do re-conditioned Canon cameras and printers for about £30 - £50.

May not be the best little printer, but not bad for the money.

Comment

If you want photos printed, go to tescos (or wherever), or use an online printing firm. Just add up the cost of the ink, the paper, the inevitable screw ups, and then look at the relative quality of the end result.

Then focus on a printer of sufficient quality to do documents. That way you're not looking for a jack of all trades photo/document printer.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilWeevil View Post
        If you want photos printed, go to tescos (or wherever), or use an online printing firm. Just add up the cost of the ink, the paper, the inevitable screw ups, and then look at the relative quality of the end result.

Then focus on a printer of sufficient quality to do documents. That way you're not looking for a jack of all trades photo/document printer.
        Wise words, but it is still quite nice to be able to print (almost instantly) pictures of little ones at home for grandparents.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Wise words, but it is still quite nice to be able to print (almost instantly) pictures of little ones at home for grandparents.
          True, but for that a stand-alone 6x4 printer is unbeatable.

Comment

Working...
          X