• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new to the game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to the game

Hi all,

I am new to the contracting world and have spent hours searching the net on the good old limited VS umbrella.

being new to it all I have gone for the Umbrella option, but need some advise on who is best to use? there are lots of organisations out there. do their service's differ? and how much should I be paying?

I see companys out there for £15 a wk.... but lets be honest, are they worth it? I dont mind paying extra to get the best out of the system... but I dont want to give all my wage up :-)

thanks
    Paul

Originally posted by paul in manchester View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to the contracting world and have spent hours searching the net on the good old limited VS umbrella.

being new to it all I have gone for the Umbrella option, but need some advise on who is best to use? there are lots of organisations out there. do their service's differ? and how much should I be paying?

I see companys out there for £15 a wk.... but lets be honest, are they worth it? I dont mind paying extra to get the best out of the system... but I dont want to give all my wage up :-)

thanks
    Paul
    Hello and welcome to cuk!

I know you said you spent hours searching the net - but have you visited http://forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal/ and looked at the sticky threads?

Have a look and then ask some questions.

All the Best

Comment

WHS - and it would be interesting to understand why you chose umbrella over Ltd when there's a significant net income disadvantage. (Hint: "too much paperwork" is not a reason, nor is "I am IR35 caught" if only because you probably aren't)
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you want to go Ltd, both SJD Accounting and Nixon Williams make the whole thing relatively painless.
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I've been looking around and I will be going limited after reading about, umbrellas seem to be for the lazy.

Comment

Working...
          X