• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance - Who to complain to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance - Who to complain to

I know the general issues reference contracts and security clearance but who do I complain to if I am not put forward.

I have applied for a contract with a limited skillset and I am a very good match. I get the feeling that I will be rejected due to not having the correct clearance.

who do I complain to and how? Is there a governing body.?
    I do not mind loosing the contract as a result it would just be nice to get a win for what's legally correct.

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
    I know the general issues reference contracts and security clearance but who do I complain to if I am not put forward.

I have applied for a contract with a limited skillset and I am a very good match. I get the feeling that I will be rejected due to not having the correct clearance.

I do not mind loosing the contract as a result it would just be nice to get a win for what's legally correct.
    Principles do not pay the bills...

Comment

Correct. They don't. However, in the context of my post. I do not financially or technically have to accept the contract if indeed it is ever offered and there is more than one agency out there so, who cares ? I don't.

Comment

i can't stand this politically correct world......I agree that if a company needs the contractor to have SC they should be able to have that as a requirement.....but no that is discriminating against those who don't have SC

I'm not allowed to advertise for Seniro Test Analyst cause apparently that sounds like it is for an older Test Analyst ??? PANTS
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
          I'm not allowed to advertise for Seniro Test Analyst cause apparently that sounds like it is for an older Test Analyst ??? PANTS
          Senior

Comment

Incontinence pants

IGMC

Comment

You complai to the DVA, though it will do you no good.
              See news item on front page of CUK and read PCG news too.
              Though the DVA clearly states that all candidates should be considered they are powerless to stop agents not putting you forward.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

i can't stand this politically correct world......I agree that if a company needs the contractor to have SC they should be able to have that as a requirement.....but no that is discriminating against those who don't have SC

Senile
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

But since you can't get SC if you're a small or one-person Ltd, that is automatically denying work to a proportion.

As for your Ad - what does "senior" mean anyway? I'm not sure what you think Political Correctness has to do with any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post

Forget about it, it won't change anything and will just up your blood pressure. The MOD even changed the wording on their site about a year or so ago, the new wording implies that you can use current SC as a way to short-list. With this in mind do you think the MOD will actually care anyway? I don't.

Revisit it when the next government gets in power IMHO, even then it is unlikely to make much difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X