• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breach of Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breach of Contract

hi, i have been issued a contract and within the contract term of agreement section it states : for any reason the Consultancy proves unsatisfactory to the client i can be terminated without notice. then it also says that if this occurs then the recruitment agency can seek damages from myself and hold me liable for breach of contract and loss of their earnings...

has anyone else ever had anything similar in their contracts. is this justifiable?

any advice greatly appreciated

You are probably better in Business/Contracts where a few regular bods know about these things. Sounds a bit harsh to me, ask for it to be removed and see what they say. If I understand things correctly (?) then regardless of what it says if it is unreasonable then it won't be legally enforceable.

Comment

Avoid.

We can probably guess who the agency is, and there are much worse things hidden in that contract.

Wouldn't get into an argument with them, just find another gig.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Have the contract reviewed (e.g. QDOS/B&C) and negotiate out any unpalatable terms.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
          Have the contract reviewed (e.g. QDOS/B&C) and negotiate out any unpalatable terms.
          WHS. The first part is not actually that bad, but the bit about covering incidental losses is.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. i agree the section about the notice period i can live with but the liability is what is the real concern. i have asked them to change or remove and i shall wait on the outcome.

i also asked them to make the notice period for 2 weeks on both sides, so in the even they did want to sue then they could only sue for 2 weeks as that would be my notice period and not the length of the contract.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X