• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank you Dawn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Dawn

Excerpt from bbc News HYS:

>
    Shopkeeper - "Can I help you Sir?"

Customer - "Well, I was going to take up smoking but I've just noticed that the brand I wanted to smoke, which used to be in a blue packet is now in a plain white packet with standard lettering so I've suddenly decided I will lead a healthy lifestyle instead. And I'll vote Labour from now on too, in grateful thanks"

Shopkeeper - "Good for you, Sir!"

That was an excert from "The Strange World of Dawn Primarolo"
    <
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Customer: 10 Silk Cut silvers please

Shopkeeper: Oh Hi, Marina, don't you normally buy 20s?

Customer: Yes, but I'm trying to cut down, as a first step towards giving up.

Shopkeeper: Very sensible, but I'm afraid we're only allowed to sell 20s now.

Customer:

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
      Customer: 10 Silk Cut silvers please

Shopkeeper: Oh Hi, Marina, don't you normally buy 20s?

Customer: Yes, but I'm trying to cut down, as a first step towards giving up.

Shopkeeper: Very sensible, but I'm afraid we're only allowed to sell 20s now.

Customer:
      WSS

I often buy 10s

Comment

I suggest that the age at which cigarettes can be purchased rises a year every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I suggest that the age at which cigarettes can be purchased rises a year every year.
          Or perhaps by (12 + n) months a year, so the ban would slowly and inexorably creep up on you...

Comment

Are you trying to be funny, or is that a serious suggestion?

If the latter, you're being as idiotic as Dim Prawnerolo.

Comment

Surely that wouldnt work, because the smoker will also age a year, once a year.

A better idea would be to raise the minimum age allowed to buy ciggies by a year, every year.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post

>

Customer - "Well, I was going to take up smoking but I've just noticed that the brand I wanted to smoke, which used to be in a blue packet is now in a plain white packet with standard lettering so I've suddenly decided I will lead a healthy lifestyle instead. And I'll vote Labour from now on too, in grateful thanks"

<
                Chan

Shame on you, mentioning that woman's name. Wash your mouth (or your keyboard) out with soap and water!

tho

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  Chan

Shame on you, mentioning that woman's name. Wash your mouth (or your keyboard) out with soap and water!

tho
                  I cut and pasted this so I will now go and deliver appropriate punishment to the mouse responsible.
                  If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post

>

<
                    I think taht the theory about plain packets is that companies won't be able to get around advertising rules by sponsoring events using their corporate colours.

Seems reasonable to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X