• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC underpayment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC underpayment

Hi had a letter come through from HMRC saying that i owe them £100.

I filled my accounts on line giving me the £100 reward and so sent them the amount that the accountant told me to.

Do you think this was sent out in delay to realising i filled on-line. Tried Accountant who is out of the office today hence my message to all of you

Help
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Call the number on the letter and explain the situation?

"it's good to talk"

Comment

it's not good to be put on hold for 30 mins before running out of lunch time and hanging up.

back to letter communication again
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Did you take off £100 from the amount the accountant told you.

Had he already taken off the £100 before telling you.

Comment

They seem to be sending out a number of these letters.
          I've had two and, after discussions, a rather large refund

Comment

They did the same last year to lots of people.
            However - I normally deduct the bonus for electronic filing last years accounts from the current year - ie this year. So I'm assuming its LAST years figures they are querying - as you've not given them any figures to base it on for this year.

But get your figures checked just in case....

Comment

Working...
            X